Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2020
- Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks)
- Students in this position will fulfill 3D printing requests, operate a variety of 3D printers, perform research on new technologies, and provide patrons with an understanding of the library’s Innovation Services. Students must have an interest in rapid fabrication, engineering, and design. Students will be expected to assist library patrons with design software and creating 3D prototypes.
- Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
- Drive the design and build of visualizations and analytics to faculty and students.
- Work alongside faculty to produce augmented reality products driven by the Manus VR haptic glove.
- Develop student-focused technology solutions using various industry products and technologies available to the Innovation Lab.
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- MIS is a major that allows me to expand my horizons in many areas. Through the Innovation Lab, I was able to learn about how technology aligns with medicine. This work experience has allowed me to use the coding skills that I learned in MIS 2402 (Data-Centric) to design 3D print models through Blender and Cura.