This Year
No Points
Total
1973 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

My Summer 2014 Internship

This summer, I worked at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield in Central New York in the Business Intelligence Solution department.I worked with Information Consulting personnel and used Cognos Business Intelligence tools to conduct data audits, create technical reports, and provide decision support. My main focus was to create report views, analyze past claims adjustment data reports, and deploy reporting solutions. I assisted report users while maintaining security according to the corporate guidelines.My manager and supervisor was Kristopher Kaminski for this 10 week internship that started in June 2014 in Syracuse, NY.
Find more information on the Excellus website.
From this internship I learned many things. Not only did I learned how to use IBM Cognos Report Studio, but I learned advanced enough techniques that allowed my to extract and transform seemingly impoossible-to-extract information. I delved deeper into the service request (a.k.a IT tickets and/or problems) reporting metrics for a particular area and was able to help find the root cause of why service requests were not being solved quickly and easily. I also learned how to gain the most insight from a data set using graphics, charts, images, and tables. I was able to cohesively sum-up the service request data and report it in a manner that provides great insight. These reports are also fully automated- meaning no effort is required in order ro extract, transform, or load the data onto a report each week. Lastly, I learned how to think quickly in order to solve unforeseen problems and issues. This helped me to stay on schedule and meet all deadlines without sacrificing project requirements.

Skip to toolbar