This Year
No Points
Total
1025 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Relevant Spring 2017 Coursework

Currently, I am enrolled in MIS 3501, or Data Centric Application Development. This course focuses on teaching students CSS, PHP, and HTML initially, which are all essential languages anyone working in coding should have familiarity with. Next, students also develop skills using SQL, mainly used for database maintenance. Working with these essential computer programs relates to my career interest as an MIS major by helping me familiarize with the backbone of almost every website built. Many consulting projects are centered around websites, like MIS 3506, and having an understanding of what requirements these websites have is important in order to gain expertise in the field.

I am also enrolled in MIS 3535, or Lead Global Digital Projects. This class trains students to be Project Managers who oversee the students in MIS 3506. As a PM, my partner and I oversee a group of 7 people who must also struggle to work together on a semester-long project. A large component of consulting is project management, so it’s important to understand the simulation put in place by having us actually oversee groups of students.  It may sound straightforward, but managing business analysts takes a lot of organization, planning, and strategizing.

My other classes pertain to my Finance minor, which I am using to get a better understanding of the finance world. Although I would like to see myself in consulting, I would like to have a background in finance, especially since I will be interning at a bank next summer. Understanding how finances and investments work is important if I plan to enter this field after school.

Skip to toolbar