This Year
No Points
Total
1515 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

SAP

I spent 8 months working full-time at SAP in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania.  I was an infrastructure management intern who worked on a rotational program.  I spent time with the data center operators, server management department, and the project management department.  I worked there from January through August while only taking night classes.  Originally, it was supposed to be a 6 month position, but my internship got extended until the fall semester began.

While working with the data center I handled tickets processing the decommission, addition, and movement of hardware in the data center.  I also got the hands on experience of physically preforming the work on the hardware.  I went on 3 trips to Virginia with SAP for a project where we were implementing and installing a new data center.  I was also part of a sever consolidation project at the headquarters.

I was also responsible for running anti virus on servers locally and virtually.  I was in touch with colleagues in India and Germany daily to preform this task.  I was also part of a project when SAP was implementing active directory and spent a lot of time with that while working with the server management department.

I did not get to spend as much time with the project management department as I would have liked to, but the experience was great.  I was able to sit in on important meetings and assist colleagues on tasks managing several projects.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to have worked for such a large and well recognized company in the world of technology.

Skip to toolbar