COREY N. CRAWFORD
Corey.Crawford@Temple.edu | Phone: (203) 605-1970 | 1444 S. Broad Street, Rear Unit | Philadelphia, PA 19146
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Fox School of Business, GPA 3.94
Masters of Business Administration, Concentration: Strategic Management
Chief Operating Officer
- Developed a powerful strategic and business plan to establish tasks and measurable goals for a team of 30 MBA students
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, School of Business, GPA 3.26
Bachelor of Business Administration, Concentration: Finance
Financial Manager May 2004 – July 2011
Hired as an intern and promoted four times in seven years. The only fulltime member in the finance department of a fifty employee online media start-up, growing revenue at 30% a year.
- Established a structured, Finance, GAAP compliant Accounting, and HR department that supported a 300% increase in sales and 500% increase in employee count over six years.
- Aligned the company with GAAP by building detailed and accurate financial records and formal processes surrounding deferred revenue, accounts receivable/payable and asset accruals.
- Created and Implemented an HR manual to institute a standardized set of corporate rules and regulations.
- Implemented a 401(k) plan and managed other fringe benefit plans in order to improve talent acquisition.
- Developed a robust corporate budget and forecast to deliver control and analysis of individual spending while tracking rapid growth and market expansion.
- Selected a company-wide “Grover Cleveland” revenue stretch goal, which motivated the company and accurately forecasted the annual revenue within an average of 1.4% for four consecutive years.
- Developed tools to track and analyze weekly revenue pacing against prior years which allowed for improved reporting on the progress of corporate goals
- Provided transformational leadership through a market exit and integration into the FierceMarkets’ corporate controller position within the Questex Media Group’s financial team
- Generated and organized the financial data for the Information Memorandum and due diligence process and analyzed data to produce previously untracked statistical data in an effort to attract potential buyers
- Transformed the financial documents and processes to comply with the guidelines of Questex in a streamlined manner and became the point of contact for all needs of the Questex financial team.
- Supported the company through the corporate bankruptcy of the Questex Media Group and became the resident expert and point of contact for all constituent questions and requests
- Clearly communicate the corporate debt restructuring in order to instill trust and confidence in both vendors and clients, resulting in the maintaining of all clients and vendors through the process.
- Managed cash flows to ensure sufficient liquidity in order pay vendors in a timely manner, while working within the court’s regulations
Expert in Excel for business and operational data analysis. Master of Quickbooks. Extensive knowledge of financial modeling. Experience with both Ceridian and Paychex payroll platforms. Proficient in HTML.