This Year
No Points
Total
No Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Creative Script

The script explores two teenaged high school students who are best friends. When they decide at the same time that they have secrets they want to share with one another, the scène takes a dramatic turn.

Prologue ( BELL RINGS, SCHOOL IS OVER, AND MARY RUNS INTO DAVID)

MARY: Any plans today David?

DAVID: I’ll probably go to this party with some of the new guys that I met at Football Practice

MARY: Well thanks for the invite

DAVID: Your always welcome to come alone with me. I was sure you would invite yourself anyway.

MARY: AWWWWW! Glad you know your best friend

DAVID: I do very well, I’m sure I know you better than any guy you have ever met

MARY: That may be true Dav

MARY & DAVID: I have something to tell you.

MARY: Wow now that’s crazy great minds think alike now what’s up Dav? What do you have to tell me?

DAVID: Ladies first, now tell me what’s on your mind.

MARY: Sometimes I can’t stand you. Seriously though Dav, I met this guy and I really like him.

DAVID: So what’s the problem?

MARY: Well the problem is that I think I like him to much and I want to tell him but I’m not sure if he feels the same way about me.

DAVID: it’s only one way to find out ask him and invite him to party so I can meet him.

MARY: I’ll take your advice Dav because I love you and you’re my best friend. Now what is it that you have to tell me?

DAVID: Well it’s complicated.

MARY: nothing can be as complicated as what I just told you so go ahead and tell me

DAVID: I realized that I’m different from a lot of the players on my team when were in the locker room and the guys are clowning around about who ‘s the prettiest girl on the cheerleading squad I’m just not interested. I’ve dated Melissa from the squad and it turned out to be a disaster, she was cheating on me. So after we broke up I decided that I wasn’t going to be in a relationship for a while, that I was just going to take a break from dating girls, so I ummmm decided that I was going to take a break.

MARY: Cut the extra stuff Dav what are you saying. You just repeated the same thing and I know when you do that its usually something serious. I’m your best friend you can tell me anything.

DAVID: I’ve been getting to know a guy who is new on the team. In other words I’m bisexual. Are you happy now.

MARY: Are you joking right now, not the Dav that was asked to prom by ten different girls and who had his two prom dates fighting each other. I still love you Dav I am beyond shocked I can tell you that. Have you told anyone else?

DAVID: I figured you would be shocked but no I haven’t told anyone else besides you. The problem is that I don’t know how to tell my parents and when I do reveal it to them I would like for you to be there with me.

MARY: well when will I meet this lucky guy, I’m still in shock though and of course I’ll be there when you tell your parents

DAVID: Tonight at the party, and hey please be ready on time I’m coming to pick you up at 9pm. I’m about to go home so I’ll see you later

MARY: I’m always on time thank you very much. See you later.

( THE PARTY )

MARY: (waves over guy) Hey John I want you to meet my best friend David

(awkward stare and silence between John and David, David reaches out to shake John’s hand)

DAVID: Nice to meet you how long have you guys been dating

JOHN: For about 3 months now

MARY: excuse us for a minute John, so David when will I be meeting your friend

DAVID: another time something came up and he won’t be able to make it tonight

(THE PARTY ENDS, JOHN TAKES MARY HOME AND THEY ENGAGE IN A CONVERSATION)

JOHN: how long have you and David been friends

MARY: we have been friends since the 5th grade why?

JOHN: I think he likes you , and I think it would best to stay away from.

MARY: now John you have officially lost your mind. Over the past couple of months you have done nothing but tell me what to do. I’ve cut my hair, I let pick out my clothes and I even wear make up which I can’t stand, all to make you happy.

JOHN: just stay away from him it’s for you own good

(JOHN PULLS UP TO MARY HOUSE AND LETS HER OUT THE NEXT DAY MARY MEETS DAVID AT HIS HOUSE SO HE CAN REVEAL HIS SECRET TO HIS PARENTS)

MARY: (rings bell to David’s house) Good afternoon, Mrs. Jones is David here

Mrs. Jones: Yes he is come in. David, Mary is here for you.

DAVID: Okay mom can I talk to you and dad for a minute

( David’s dad walks into the living room to join everyone)

DAVID: mom, dad I have something to tell you

Mr and Mrs Jones: what is it son you can tell us anything

DAVID: I’m bisexual

Mrs. Jones: OMG David I can’t believe that one bit. It has to be a phase.

Mr. JONES: no son of mines is going to be a homosexual. It’s wrong and it’s a sin.

DAVID: I’m bisexual dad and no mom it’s not a phase. I’ve always felt that it was something between me and guys but I like women too.

MR. JONES: IT’S THE SAME DAMN THING DAVID, I WANT GRANDCHILDREN SOME DAY AND I ALWAYS THOUGH I WOULD HAVE SOME THAT IS UNTIL YOU STARTED TALKING CRAZY ABOUT YOU BEING A HOMO, I WILL NEVER ACCEPT MY SON BEING A HOMO!

MARY: Mr. Jones if you love your son you will have to eventually accept him for who he is.

MR JONES: This is none of your concern Mary as a matter of fact you can leave and let me and my family discuss this in private

MARY: That’s fine with me. ( she gets up to leave)

DAVID: Mary has nothing to do with this, she doesn’t have to go anywhere. It’s time for you and mom to listen to me I can’t change who I am, not for you, not for mom, not for anyone. I’m tired of keeping this a secret I’m glad it’s out and whether you accept it or not I’m proud of who I am and I wouldn’t change it for the world.

(David turns to walks out his parents house and him and Mary sits on the steps to engage in a conversation )

MARY: that didn’t go to well

DAVID: I knew it wouldn’t I was just hoping it would

MARY: Dav it’s going to be okay

DAVID: I hope so, anyways I have something to tell your boyfriend John isn’t who you think he is I think you should leave him alone

MARY: What the hell is going on, he said the same thing about you to me. He wants me to stay away from you and you want me to stay away from him.

DAVID: It’s no easier way for me to say this so I’m just going to say it. Remember my friend that I have been telling you about that I met well that’s him. John is the guy that I said I was going to introduce you too.

MARY: wow I don’t know it I don’t know what to say right now. Why didn’t you tell me when we were at the party. I can’t believe you for not telling me but what I really can’t believe is that he failed to mention that he was into guys too.

(Mary and David comes up with a plan to catch John)

MARY: John I told David that we can’t be friends anymore, anything to make you happy. Would you like to go to the movies tonight?

JOHN: Sure I have to make a run and I’ll be over to pick you up at 7.

(John arrives at David’s house and David text Mary to let her know that John just pulled up in front of his door)

DAVID: Why didn’t you tell me that you were dating my best friend, and you told her to leave me alone now that’s crazy

JOHN: I didn’t know she was your best friend until the party

DAVID: everyone at school knows that Mary is my best friend

(Mary walks up to John and David sitting on the steps)

JOHN: what are you doing here I though I asked you to stay away from him

MARY: The question is why are you here? Wait, don’t answer that because I have the answer for you. For three months you have done nothing but lied to the both of us, you were dating me at the same time you were dating my best friend. We are both done with your lies go find someone else to use.

JOHN ( stares into space)

MARY: come on Dav we’re going to be late for the movie

DAVID: I’m coming, glad that’s over with

MARY: me too

(David and Mary walks away and leaves John sitting on the steps)

THE END!

Skip to toolbar