Receive up to 150 professional achievement points for building and updating an e-portfolio. There are two opportunities to receive points.
Basic e-portfolio (100 points)
- Create a new e-portfolio at the end of MIS 2101 and enhance during MIS 2501.
- This basic e-portfolio should include the following items:
- Appropriate business professional picture
- Resume in MIS format and available in PDF
- Coursework listed
- Interests listed
- Work experience listed
- Professionally formatted with no typos
- Include the professional achievement widget
- Make sure to have an avatar on your profile
- To receive the points, please submit your e-portfolio for listing in the Community e-portfolio search engine. If the e-portfolio is approved, you will automatically receive 100 points.
Advanced e-portfolio (50 points)
- Significantly update and enhance your e-portfolio. The best time to do this is after you have completed an internship or a significant number of courses in the curriculum.
- The e-portfolio must meet the basic requirements listed above, plus at least five of the following:
- Add a post that describes your coursework and how it relates to your career interest and preparation.
- Include examples and descriptions of three or more projects from MIS or related courses.
- ‘about’ page that describes who you are to a prospective employer, including your skills, background, and goals.
- A description of what you did in an internship or part-time job and how that has enhanced your preparation and skills.
- Describe at least two different events that you attended (in two separate posts). Describe what they were and how they might be interesting to a MIS professional or student and what you got from each event.
- A PowerPoint presentation that you created that is relevant to MIS that is uploaded to slideshare (or other similar sharing service) and integrated into your site.
- A YouTube video that you create and that is relevant to MIS and integrated into your site.
- To receive the points, please submit your e-portfolio for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the e-portfolio meets the above requirements, you will receive 50 points.