BOHAI P&C INSURANCE COMPANY, Tianjin, China May 2011 – August 2011
Intern in Strategies Planning and Actuarial Science Department
- Assisted department head to conduct the semi-annual financial reports by analyzing seven external auction reports and data in MySQL, and discovered in excess of 1.5 million loss in Compulsory Traffic Insurance sector.
- Initialed a specific-topic independent report in Compulsory Traffic Insurance sector with analysis on government policy, financial reports, reserves calculations, and market conditions, which provided profound background information and strategies for the financial loss and presented to CFO and CEO.
- Translated official Human Management KPI Policy to facilitate the acquisition and merging progress for Bohai Co. and AIG.
FREEMAN’S AUCTION HOUSE, Philadelphia, PA January 2009 – September 2011
Fine Arts Department Interpreter
- Provided translation service for a company providing services as auctioneers and appraisers with net sales of 5 million per year.
- Started as interpreter which created business relationship with five clients to assist in co-signing antiques to be sold in auction house.
- Conducted research and evaluations for auctions items, generated and maintained auction lot condition database in Excel.
FABRIC WORKSHOP AND MUSEUM, Philadelphia,PA December 2010 – March 2011
Gallery Assistant for Cai Guoqiang’s Solo Show “Fallen Blossom”
- Served as the personal assistant and gallery guide for the exhibition: Cai Guo-Qiang: “Fallen Blossoms” in the non-profit arts organization devoted to creating art work in fabric in collaboration with recognized artists worldwide
- Worked closely with education department and designed the exhibition brochure, and participated in the development for video interview for the artist
JOHN DEERE, Tianjin, China June-August 2008
- Participated in a training program in interviewing techniques, presentation skills, and constructive leadership in an international-based company specialized in manufacturing tractors, engines, forestry and turf care equipment
- Organized employee information files and work compensation files, scheduled interviews and arranged manager meetings
- Awarded bonus at the end of this unpaid internship program as the only undergraduate intern