Tips and Tricks for using the foxmis community

Quick Profile Personalization

If you have just signed up for an account in the MIS Community site then your default username will most likely be “tu######“. This naming convention makes it very difficult for students to find and connect with each other through BuddyPress. Also, if a faculty member is trying to find a particular student it makes it easier for them to search for them on first name, last name basis than an AccessNet username. It also helps if a student has a picture associated with their name. This enables another degree of differentiation that makes it easier for people to find each other, especially if someone is searching for you, but cannot remember your name.

Untitled

First, to change your username after registering for an account go to the admin bar (the grey bar located on the top of every page) and hover over “My Account” then navigate to Profile > Edit Profile. Here you can change your name from the default AccessNet login to your actual name (e.g. tua12345 to John Doe) choose an appropriate blog type and hit Save Changes.

Capture

To change your picture/avatar simply click the link below Edit Profile that says Change Avatar then upload a JPG, GIF or PNG of yourself and you’re done! Remember you can always change/delete your old avatar if you choose to do so. Email me if you have any questions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>