Checks your blog for broken links and missing images and notifies you on the dashboard if any are found!
From the plugin site:http://w-shadow.com/blog/2007/08/05/broken-link-checker-for-wordpress/
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images, deleted YouTube videos and other problems.
- Periodically checks links in posts, pages, comments, custom fields and the blogroll.
- New and modified entries are checked ASAP.
- Notifies you on the Dashboard if any problems are found.
- Lets you edit all instances of a specific link at once.
- Gives you a list of all links ever posted on your site, with the ability to search and filter it.
- Lets you apply custom CSS styles to broken and removed links.
- Highly configurable.
The broken links show up in the Tools -> Broken Links tab along. If any invalid URLs are found a notification will also show up on the Dashboard widget. To save screen real-estate, the widget can be configured to stay closed most of the time and automatically expand when broken links are detected.
If you have just signed up for an account in the MIS Community site then your default username will most likely be “tu######“. This naming convention makes it very difficult for students to find and connect with each other through BuddyPress. Also, if a faculty member is trying to find a particular student it makes it easier for them to search for them on first name, last name basis than an AccessNet username. It also helps if a student has a picture associated with their name. This enables another degree of differentiation that makes it easier for people to find each other, especially if someone is searching for you, but cannot remember your name.
First, to change your username after registering for an account go to the admin bar (the grey bar located on the top of every page) and hover over “My Account” then navigate to Profile > Edit Profile. Here you can change your name from the default AccessNet login to your actual name (e.g. tua12345 to John Doe) choose an appropriate blog type and hit Save Changes.
To change your picture/avatar simply click the link below Edit Profile that says Change Avatar then upload a JPG, GIF or PNG of yourself and you’re done! Remember you can always change/delete your old avatar if you choose to do so. Email me if you have any questions.