A presentation plug-in tool for WordPress blogging sites. The plug-in will allow your presentation or document to present on the community site without the need to be downloaded. In order to use follow these steps:
1) Go to the slide share site at http://www.slideshare.net and register for an account. Supports both free and paid versions depending on the amount of space that you require.
2) You can up load any form of documents that you would want to present. If the material you are using is copy righted and/ or privilege, then upload and set as private. You will need to adjust a setting so that you can embed into your community site page. To adjust the settings on a private upload, do the following:
- Click on Edit Presentation
- Check the two boxes under privacy (Give me a Secret URL and Allow embedding outside Slideshare) shown here
- Click on update
3) You have two ways to embed the presentation to your WordPress page or post.
- Long Coded it (self-hosted blog)-No need to use
- The Short Code (hosted blog)
Click on the WordPress Icon to get the long/short code for the presentation
Highlight the short code (hosted blog) and copy (ctrl C)
4) Place the short code in your page/post for the presentation to appear. You can upload these types of files:
pdf, ppt, pps, pptx, ppsx, pot, potx (Powerpoint); odp (OpenOffice); key, zip (Apple Keynote), doc, docx, rtf, xls (MSOffice); odt, ods(OpenOffice); Apple iWork Pages.