In Summer 2017, from May 22 to August 4, I worked full-time as a Social, Event, and Activation Intern at T&A Ogilvy, a member of WPP Group’s marketing agencies network and an established agency serving big-name international and domestic brands in Vietnam.
During my time here, I:
– Monitored a brand name’s presence on social media (Social Listening) then reported insights and data findings to the team daily and monthly.
– Monitored another brand’s Facebook page while helping respond to and analyze consumers’ comments.
– Performed cleaning and processing tasks on data sets.
– Compiled over 13 pieces of marketing content including Facebook posts and email newsletters.
– Conducted flash research on technologies (Proprietary cloud-based services and Blockchain), Key Opinion Leaders in tech, as well brand issues and consumer demographics.
– Converted and translated instructions of organizational cloud storage system (WD EX4100) into user-friendly language.
– Assisted in interviewing employees of an eminent software development firm.
Some of these responsibilities differ from the my original job description, because they came as a result of my requesting my employer to let me handle data-related and IT tasks and be exposed to more tech-centric clients.
Throughout the internship, I found myself growing tremendously in skills, professionalism, and resilience through the exposure to the dynamic but also demanding environment of an Ogilvy agency. I believe that this experience has given me much needed experience as well as a starting point for furthering my MIS as well as my Marketing career.