Information Goods Supply Chain
– Blockbuster had faded, Netflix replaced it, is a good example of Online goods vs. Retail store.
– spotify vs. iTunes, subscriptions vs buying song one by one., indicate how information goods have changed.
RFID at Metro:
-Learning the cost of RFID, and making the most informed decision of what is the best for Metro.
-Do analysis on Case-level vs Pallet-level, comparing Benefit vs Costs.
– reducing labor work, lead to reducing labor cost.
– increase efficiency, reduce human error
– improve transparency for the company manage…[Read more]
Blockchain has already created its impact, and it is a technology with potential impact more than the internet had, internet created the speed of connecting anyone from anywhere with any information with no time. on the internet, things can be copied or stolen, but with blockchain, it creates a globally distributed ledger or as referred as…[Read more]
The supply chain is one of the most important parts of the business, it carries money, information, and physical products through the whole chain. Company control their cost and increase their revenue by having a good supply chain management. The supply chain is meant to provide the right time, right place, right numbers of the products for the…[Read more]
Key Takeaways from Crocs and how internet affecting Supply Chain:
Crocs core advantage was the flexibility to follow demand in a quick fashion by having the vertical supply chain, they own the supplier and the store.
and because they own the supply chain it helps them expand faster and improve faster including the advantages of taking…[Read more]
the benefits of Kiva to Zappos:
1. lowering the cost of labor
2. reduce the percentage of accidents
3. with the right programming, efficiency can be increased and errors can be reduced.
4. employee benefits so that they can have a friendly working environment
5. lowering the training cost by lowering the training time
6. everything become…[Read more]
it is a must for MIS professionals to understand the supply chain management, due to the responsibilities of MIS professional that have to deal with software development as well as creating the flowchart, database, and etc. Having the basic understanding of the “language” within Supply chain can go a long way and notice what to do and what is…[Read more]
The Beer game simulations taught me that communication is critical to balance out demand and supply so that the cost of backlog and inventory carry cost can be minimizing. it is very important to know all the circumstances before making a decision and being able to forecast is critical as well. That also related to supply chain choreography as…[Read more]
– bringing down the cost for the whole supply chain. ( less labor, more efficiency)
– remote control and reduce human error
– providing data without the need of building the whole system with it
-the privacy of data, it is easy for anyone to scan it with the right sensor
-could be pricey if you use it for each product
CHI HO MAX TONG , (MAX)
Major Finance, Minor MIS, Senior
Data Analyst Intern at AIS , Hong Kong, focusing on connecting patient diagnosis with insurance claim system
supply chain experience: online shopping at amazon