– Combining and merging disparate data sets is challenging — and its even more so in this huge scale.
– It is expected that complications will arise that will need fixing. This evident by the amount of time (half-year) that Ms. Tolliver spent on “cleaning up” after the implementation.
– It takes time to train employees and even longer for…[Read more]
Rayanna Larissa Ruani commented on the post, Q&A: Can I/T Help with Ethics / Green in Supply Chains, on the site Internet Enabled Supply Chain 3 months, 1 week ago
– TRANSPORTATION: IT makes it possible to track fleets and plan their routes more efficiently, in a way that carbon emissions are reduced.
– PAPER PROCESSING: having bills and other documents available online eliminates tons and tons of paper.
– PURCHASING: IT makes it possible for companies to choose from a larger pool of suppliers, which allow…[Read more]
Amazon has been called the “Walmart of the internet” for good reason. The company is able to offer same-day or next-day delivery to its prime customers at the expense of under-paid workers across their supply chain — from warehouse employees to “last-mile drivers.” This problem could be solved if Amazon were to pressure delivery service…[Read more]
– A CIO’s duties are ever-evolving and overlap with many business functions
– Melanie’s position is extremely demanding and she has a lot on her hands
– She enforces the importance of collaboration and transparency across the company
– Digital channels have greatly disrupted the creative industry, forcing traditional distributors and broadcasters to create an online presence
– Advertisers must be more creative since people no longer sit through long ads to watch their favorite movies and tv shows
– Procurement is a process (series of steps) that is…[Read more]
– Beer Game: good and constant communication and up-to-date information is vital for the functioning of the supply chain. It was very challenging to coordinate our actions due to the delay in information and shipping. This was a great way to have a “hands-on” experience with the difficulties caused by the bullwhip effect and understand better how…[Read more]
– Convenience for customers
– Efficiency for firms
– Reduced costs as result of less shrinkage
– Better and more accurate data available throughout supply chain
– Possibility of scanning issues
– Possibility of unauthorized reading and/or hacking of information
– Can be costly to purchase and implement
1. I would not have a problem shopping in a store like this because of privacy concerns — grocery stores already track our purchases every time we use a discount card or loyalty program. My discomfort would come more from supporting a business model that will extinguish the jobs of millions of people. And although this argument has been made time…[Read more]
The Kiva robots provide:
– Increased speed/efficiency — no bottlenecks and robots are able to find and transport items through the warehouse much faster
– Much higher productivity and safety — robots almost never make mistakes or accidents
– Great increase in inventory accuracy and defect rate reduced to 0%
– Zappos was able to adapt pods…[Read more]
Understanding how the supply chain works is crucial for professionals in the MIS field. It is important to understand where the information you are dealing with comes from and where it is going. Each process in the supply chain is very dependent on its predecessor and equally important to its successor. Knowing the relation between each stage and…[Read more]
– Ray Ruani
– Junior International Business (Supply Chain concentration) major and MIS minor.
– I have not had an internship yet. Being a member of TU-SCA is my only experience with supply chain so far.
– There are many players involved in the process of producing and transporting the products we use on a daily-basis. Common goods go through many, many steps from raw material to finished product and we, as customers, usually ignore the complexity of getting these products to the shelves of local stores.
– Technological advancements are…[Read more]
For me, the most important takeaway from this course was learning how to analyze data in Tableau and gaining a much better understanding of how to use Excel. This course got me interested in learning more about data and data analysis, and it was a great introduction to these topics.
“Be Suspicious Of Online Movie Ratings, Especially Fandango’s”
By exploring movie review data from IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, and Fandango, the author found that nearly all movies on Fandango (97%) had at least a 3-star rating. He revealed that Fandango has a very flawed system — Ted 2…[Read more]
A KPI that I use daily is how many calories I consumed in a day, that I calculate through a meal-logging app.
This is SPECIFIC and MEASURABLE because calories can be counted, and the app lets me know how many calories I am eating per item, meal and day.
It is ACHIEVABLE because based on my caloric intake, I can change my diet in order to…[Read more]
In the article “Mass Spying Isn’t Just Intrusive—It’s Ineffective”, Granick points out that even tough American agencies have been performing massive spying for years, that hasn’t stopped terrorist cases from happening. She mentions the Boston marathon bombing, the Charl…[Read more]
- Load More