Shabbir Lageli commented on the post, Q&A: Final thoughts (100 second reflection on the course), on the site Internet Enabled Supply Chain 1 month, 2 weeks ago
What I learned
• I learned about how numerous businesses carry out their online supply chains
• Also, about the importance of information technology
I would have liked to learn about
• New emerging technologies like blockchain, agile, etc.
• The specific components of implementing some of these information systems
Things profess…[Read more]
1. Why would an implementation take this long and cost so much?
The sheer size of the company and the transactions that are made means lots of data to integrate and there are processes that need to be implemented as well. Additionally, due to all the changes that are happening in the IT world currently it makes things a lot more confusing and…[Read more]
Shabbir Lageli commented on the post, Q&A: Can I/T Help with Ethics / Green in Supply Chains, on the site Internet Enabled Supply Chain 2 months, 1 week ago
It helps by making companies aware of where their materials needed for business operations come from. For example, information system like a contract management type of system can let all the people in a business know where a company is purchasing its materials from so they can source from ethical/green suppliers. For example, Zappos.…[Read more]
-Non-profit organizations and companies can be serious obstacles in the way of a company’s operations.
-Coffee purchasing amounts for a small percentage of Starbucks total costs. Employee training and store set up play a big role in the costs of Starbucks
-Things like Agile and Blockchain technology are s…[Read more]
Amazon Europe case
1. They way Amazon went from a small book shipping company to a multi- billion dollar enterprise.
2. All the hurdles they faced .com bust, entering into new markets i.e. Europe,
1. Although going green in scm can be beneficial it is often hard due to things such as child labor, political climate, etc.
2. The…[Read more]
Amazon can handle this PR problem by placing some of the costs onto its end customers. They can charge more for expedited shipping and same day delivery to their customers so they can have more of a margin to work with. Additionally, Amazon can enhance and quickly develop its drone technology so more shipments can be delivered with drones…[Read more]
I think for all that she has on her plate she does an incredible job. With the merge between the two companies and all the new technologies emerging the management and information that needs to be looked at is a lot. Furthermore, her ambition is really great as well. She not only handles technical work by also engages with helping the end…[Read more]
My reaction is one of amazement. This is the case because the fact that you can search Amazon and pick out what you need and have it delivered to you in record time is awesome. The wide selection you can choose from and the incredibly fast shipment time is something neat. I do think that this may potentially change the transportation industry…[Read more]
1. Digital supply chain is complex with with many pros and cons to it.
2. Hulu did a great job in managing their supply chain when it came to producers, networks, advertisers and viewers
3 Hulu has been growing at a good pace in terms of its customers
1.Sourcing is an integral part of an organization
2. Strategic…[Read more]
RFID at Metro Case
– RFID technology was very important for Metro.
-It helped them will them reduce shrink in the SC, lowered labor inefficiencies, and increased their SC productivity.
– RFID technology can be flexible if need be. The technology itself can be reprogrammed to fit the businesses needs.
-It can keep track…[Read more]
Yes, this technology has the potential impact the internet had. This is the reason because it is a revolutionary way of doing transactions in ways that were previously not available to us. This extends to buying crypto currency, counting and validating votes, purchasing cars, houses, tickets. etc.
This would impact supply chains by making…[Read more]
-can track shipments and products more easy
-real time data
-faster check out at stores
-Costly to implement such technology
-Posses security risks(hacking credit cards, identity theft, all within a matter of seconds)
I would feel very comfortable shopping in the store. It would be a new and easy experience to me giving a whole new definition to the word convenience. The fact that you can just grab and go will definitely make me want to shop there due to their being no line to wait in and seemingly instant purchases. I think the technology strategy is a lot…[Read more]
I learned about the bullwhip effect through actual practice by playing the Beer Game. I learned just how much communication at the right time is important to avoid overreactions by the manufactures, supplier, store, and customers. Furthermore, I learned how important it is to have real data in real time to avoid miscommunications with one’s…[Read more]
Yes, MIS professionals need to understand SC. They need to because it is imperative for them to analyze and make data charts with supply chain metrics in order to help their business with information. Additionally, they need to know SC because they need to know the flow of information, products, and fiance to facilitate better decision making.…[Read more]
Some of the things I learned about the Croc’s case were
1. Their flexible/responsive SC.
2. That Crocs makes their products not just for fashion but also for a functional purpose
Some things I learned about Internet and SC were
1. Many new businesses are taking advantage of E platforms to market and sell their products
2. They different…[Read more]
The things I learned from the first week of class are as follows
1. The vast complexity of all the parts and their logistics into making a product
2. The importance of supply chain and the value it adds to products
3. Some of the difficulties in managing a supply chian
The biggest takeaway from this course were the definitions of technology words I got to learn. Things like “big data”, “regression analysis”, “sentiment analysis”, and “hypothesis testing” are just a few. This course is really about a broad overview of the numerous trends and techniques going on in the data world. Additionally, it had a hands…[Read more]
Yes, I made the mistake of missing the data type. One time in excel I was performing a V Look Up. For some reason I entered the dates as just a string of integers without and dashes or slashes to make a differentiation that it is in fact the data. So, when I performed my V Look Up I could not get the values that I wanted.
- Load More