In week 10 we learned about IT Outsourcing. The most interesting thing for me is the Zero Trust Model. The core concepts are identity assurance, trusted endpoints, conditional policies, and least privilege. The Major innovations are machine learning, Ephemeral microservices, and convergence.
Last week we learned about “IT Services, Quality & Performance Monitoring.”
We knew that IT performance measurements are use as a tool in Mergers & Acquisitions.
Performance measurement may also be a vital tool when assessing mergers and acquisitions to allow earlier insight into IT strengths and gaps and alignments capabilities of both…[Read more]
1. Laws & Regulations governs the acceptable behavior of individual and organization in a specific environment
2. A policies are statement of principles intended to guide decision-making supports the achievement of the organization’s Vision, Mission & Value
3. Procedures address processes and actions aligned with the policy principles. They o…[Read more]
IT Portfolio Management:
1. Three factors for classifications: 1. Level of risk VS Expected benefit values & include a magnitude of investment being made. 2. Current fair asset value – what is the investment worth at any point in time? 3. Expected life cycle – what is the ROI on projects & when investment expected to be paid off?
2. Three…[Read more]
Week 5 IT Strategy
1. Strategic planning provide a theoretical framework so management can take actions to direct the company toward a future they envision.
2. Through Strategic Planning the executives map out actions & manage resources & human capitals based on clear Mission & Vision & destination of the organization.
3. Today IT/IS play…[Read more]
This week’s class we discussed EA.
EA: EA is Enterprise Architecture. It is made of creating target state for the organization and devise a plan that can take the organization there.
ARB: ARB is Architecture Review Board. It is the sponsor of the architecture within the enterprise, but the Architecture Board also has its own, highest level, s…[Read more]
From Week 2 lecture we got that Control Environment is very important for IT governance. The control environment is the foundation of an effective system of internal control. Many financial and IT problems were because of the weak of control environments. Under IT scope, controls includes administrative controls, technical controls, and physical…[Read more]