Patrick C Nelson commented on the post, Q&A: Can I/T Help with Ethics / Green in Supply Chains, on the site Internet Enabled Supply Chain 3 days, 15 hours ago
I/T creates a paperless world, which encourages a green society
* Technology tracks transportation routes more effectively, reducing the world’s carbon footprint
* Green design has been introduced from technology, creating environmentally friendly products
* Sustainability is becoming a core competency in business, Starbucks relationship with CI is enabling this competency
* I/T has enhanced Starbuck’s supply chain and shows how technology can improve efficiency
* Having a relationship with an organization in an international region helps with understanding the environment in which…[Read more]
* Never understood supply chain in the internet industry
* Supply chain starts with the network to Hulu making strong partner affiliates.
* Technology has influenced eprocurement making routine buys easier. The internet can provide analysis and make the lowest price products more accessible to buy.
* Outsourcing…[Read more]
I would feel comfortable and eager to see an amazon store to be available. The biggest benefit of having a commercial store like that is increase customer service. Apple can be seemed as a good example of why a retail store would be successful, allowing customers to come in to talk to representatives specialized in those products and increasing…[Read more]
Beer game lessons
During this lesson, I participated in the beer game and learned about he bullwhip effect. I have heard of this phenomenon before, but have never put it into practice in a simulation. It was unbelievable how frustrating it was not being able to communicate to my teammates and the a lack of transparency that occurred in the supply…[Read more]
Yes, MIS professionals need to understand supply chain.
I believe regardless of your position in a business everyone should understand supply chain and how it affects them. Overall, supply chain overlaps with all entities in a business (finance, accounting, ect). Technology is the driving force for a supply chain to run efficiently. If a MIS…[Read more]
-Supply chain is much more complicated than it seems. All the different layers of supply chain from manufacturing, transportation, and sourcing produces complexity for organizations.
-Understanding utility for supply chains can benefit companies. Providing the right product at the right time and place can provide efficiency.