In week six, (Project Portfolio Management) following key points were covered:
– IT operation of an organization should not be viewed as cost, but should be viewed as investment.
– IT portfolio management is the idea that it enables organizations to categorize, evaluate, prioritize and manage its IT asset such as hardware and software.
– IT…[Read more]
The key points from week 5 class (IT Strategy) are as following:
– IT strategy plays an important role today in any business organizations.
– All business process of an organization requires alignment with IT strategies to obtain overall organizational goals.
– IT services of an organization not only develop its strategies, but also develops…[Read more]
Key points from previous class on Enterprise Architecture (EA) are as following:
– The EA deals with the current state of organization and achievement of its goals through evaluation of compliance and EA principles.
– EA has to be designed in such a way that it is acceptable and meet the service level agreement (SLA) and EA requirement.
Organization should properly segregate duties among the employees. If adequate segregation of duties (SOD) are not in practice then the company will be prone to risk due to misappropriation of assets, misstated financial statements and unauthorized or erroneous modification of programs. Sometimes SOD may not be achievable due to the size of the…[Read more]
Key points from previous class are as following:
– It is important that IT audit objective and business objective align with each other.
– Performance management is important to ensure that the business objective is marching on the same lane as IT objective to achieve organizational goals.
– Stakeholders are important in the performance…[Read more]