Community Platform
Interests
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Data analytics
  • Product design
  • Project management
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1065 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 2501 Data Center Flash Paper

Michael Blum

Flash Research Data Center Paper

Our company is losing $25,000,000 annually due to outages occurring in our current ERP system. A “Tier III” data center will decrease our chances of an outrage with the implementation of back-up servers. Through investing in “Tier III”, we will improve availability within our company and reduce overall redundancy while saving $13,229,056 over three years.

One of the key capabilities of a “Tier III” data center is that it has an availability of 99.98% compared to “Tier I’s” 99.67%. This would make our company available for roughly 3.39 more days per year. Each component in the structure can be removed without affecting the system. There are also back-up servers on hand so if one goes out, it can easily be replaced without shutting down the entire system.

“Tier III” has a first year installation cost of $35,000,000. The benefits of investing in a “Tier III” data center would be $48,229,056. This number is the difference in downtime cost from a “Tier I” data center to a “Tier III” data center. “Tier III” would save us a total of $13,229,056 for those three years if we choose to invest.

Works Cited

“How a Data Center Works.” SAP Data Center. NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC., n.d. Web. 08 Feb.

Staff, Colocation American. “Data Center Standards (Tiers I-IV).” Colocation America. Colocation

American Staff, 08 Feb. 2016. Web. 08 Feb. 2017.

Turner, IV, W. Pitt, John H. Seader, and Vincent E. Renaud. “Data Center Site Infrastructure Tier

Standard: Togology.” Uptime Institute, LLC., n.d. Web.

Skip to toolbar