Web Operations Intern at Nutrisystem
In the fall of 2015, I interned at Nutrisystem in its Web Operations department. Nutrisystem was founded in 1972 and is based in Fort Washington, PA. They are a publicly traded company that is a leading provider of weight loss solutions and weight-related based products and services.
Nutrisystem is actively seeking a motivated, technically savvy, and detail oriented individual to operate in a fast paced position within a leading edge eCommerce organization. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work closely with Nutrisystem team members across all departments and levels, the ability to learn new procedures and processes quickly, a high level of comfort with change, and a basic familiarity with web technologies.
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn about eCommerce while effecting change on a nationally recognized and high revenue generating eCommerce platform via enablement of dynamic and creative marketing initiatives. The Web Operations Intern is responsible for the daily administration of operational and project oriented activities. This position will be tasked with assisting with the coordination and implementation of business requirements, primarily via Oracle’s ATG platforms.
- Work closely with Web Operations team to ensure all eCommerce projects are properly designed, built, and delivered on time.
- Assist Web Operations team with day-to-day maintenance of nutrisystem.com and other Nutrisystem affiliated web sites.
- Contribute to the development of processes for improvements in efficiency in execution of requests.
- Actively unit test, and participate in QA and UAT processes as needed.
- Perform site content inventory to ensure accuracy and quality of website assets.
- Other responsibilities as determined by senior Web Operations team members.