Min-Seok Pang, Ph.D.
Min-Seok Pang is an assistant professor of Management Information Systems at Fox School of Business, Temple University. Before joining Fox MIS in 2014, he was a faculty member at School of Business, George Mason University. He has received a Ph.D. in Business Administration from Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan in 2011 and holds an M.S. in Management and a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). His research has been published in several premier academic journals such as Management Science, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Decision Support Systems, and Journal of Information Technology and featured in such news outlets as The Wall Street Journal and Computerworld. His research interests include strategic IT management in the public sector and technology-enabled public policies. He is teaching Managing Technology & Systems (MBA core) and Data Science (undergraduate gen-ed) at Fox School of Business.
- Pang, M.-S. (2017) “Politics and Information Technology Investments in the U.S. Federal Government in 2003-2016,” Information Systems Research (28:1) pp. 33-45.
- Pang, M.-S., Tafti, A., and Krishnan, M.S. (2016) “Do CIO IT Budgets Explain Bigger or Smaller Governments? – Theory and Evidence from U.S. State Governments,” Management Science (62:4) pp. 1020-1041.
- Pang, M.-S., Tafti, A., and Krishnan, M.S. (2014) “Information Technology and Administrative Efficiency in U.S. State Governments – A Stochastic Frontier Approach,” MIS Quarterly (38:4) pp. 1079-1101.
- 1810 N. 13th St., Speakman Hall 201A, Philadelphia, PA 19122-6083
- (215) 204-3059
Education and Past Employment
- School of Business, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems, 2011 – 2014
- Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Ph.D. in Business Administration, 2011
- Graduate School of Management, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, Korea
- M.S. in Management, 2006
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejon, Korea
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, 2000