MIS0855: Data Science (Spring 2016)

Instructor: David Schuff, Section 001

Don’t Forget: Complete the SFF Course Evaluations Online by April 27!

CourseEvals-620x273Don’t forget to complete the online course evaluation for this class!

You can access the ESFF site here. The deadline is April 27 (well, technically April 28 at 8:00 AM, but are you really going to get up early to do it?).

It only will take you five minutes, but it is important.

Some things about the course evaluations:

• Your feedback is anonymous.
  • I don’t get the results until after the semester is completely over.
  • I really look at the feedback and use it to make changes for future semesters.

In-Class Exercise 13.2: Simple Predictive Analytics

For this one you’ll need a Windows PC. The Mac version of Tableau is slightly different and can’t do the “self-join” operation used in the exercise.

If you get a “missing driver” error message, download this update.

Here is the exercise.

And here is the spreadsheet you’ll need to do the exercise [In-Class Exercise 13.2 – VandelayOrdersAll.xlsx]

Reading Quiz #10: Complete by April 12, 2016

Some quick instructions:

You must complete the quiz by the start of class on April 12, 2016.

• When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Ready? Take the quiz by clicking this link.

Weekly Question #10: Complete by April 14, 2016

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on April 14, 2016. Remember, it only needs to be three or four sentences. For these weekly questions, I’m mainly interested in your opinions, not so much particular “facts” from the class!

Now that the course is just about over, think about what you’ve learned.

• For you, what is the most important takeaway from the course?
  • How would you explain what you’ve learned to a future employer in a job interview?

Reading Quiz #9: Complete by April 5, 2016

Some quick instructions:

You must complete the quiz by the start of class on April 5, 2016.

• When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Ready? Take the quiz by clicking this link.

1 2 3 8