Study Guide for Exam 1 and Announcements
Here is the study guide for the first exam.
Couple of items for your attention:
- Day: February 22, Thursday
- Time: Between 12:30 and 1:50pm
- Location: Alter 232
- Closed-book and -notes. No computers.
I will hold an exam review session:
- Day: February 20, Tuesday
- Time: Between 5 and 6pm
- Location: Alter Hall 238
Suggested study approach:
- Review the Study Guide first, then:
- Start with the slides
- Look at the major concepts
- Where a slide is associated with a reading, review the reading that covers the major concept
- Understand how the reading is associated with the slide, and the reading’s key concepts
- Then look at the quizzes
- Review the questions and answers to the quizzes
- Understand where all the answers came from, review those readings
- Then review the In-Class Exercises
- If we did it in an exercise, it’s probably important.
- Focus on topics we emphasized in the Exercises.
- Then, review your Assignments.
- Lastly, re-read any readings you didn’t review in the prior study steps.