Section 003, Instructor: Ermira Zifla

Ermira Zifla

Reading Quiz #10: Complete by April 17, 2017

Some quick instructions:

• You must complete the quiz by the start of class on April 17, 2017.
  • When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Ready? Take the quiz by clicking this link.

Reading Quiz #9: Complete by April 10, 2017

Some quick instructions:

• You must complete the quiz by the start of class on April 10, 2017.
  • When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Weekly Question #8: Complete by April 5, 2017

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on April 5, 2017. Remember, it only needs to be three or four sentences. For these weekly questions, I’m mainly interested in your opinions, not so much particular “facts” from the class!

Here is the question:

Once again, find another online article dated within last two weeks from a credible source that has something to do with data and is interesting and relevant to you. Copy and paste the URL directly into your response followed by a few sentences that explain what is interesting about it.

Reading Quiz #8: Complete by April 3, 2017

Some quick instructions:

• You must complete the quiz by the start of class on April 3, 2017.

Assignment 4: Final (Group) Project

Here are the assignment instructions.  Groups MUST be 4 or 5 members.  You may not do this assignment on your own or in smaller groups than 4.

The assignment is due April 24, 2017. We’ll do the presentations Monday and Wednesday.

Please create a group of 4 or 5 members and comment under this post with the names of the members of your group by 5:00pm April 3rd,2017  . Students who are not members of a group by April 3rd will be assigned to a group by me. I will update this post with the final list of groups by 6:00pm on April 3rd.

Here are the groups for Assignment 4. If you were randomly assigned to a group, please make sure to contact other group members asap.

NOTE: Every group must inform me about the issue they are going to investigate and the data set they are going to use by April 10th 2017. Email or talk to me in person during office hours/after class.

Office Hours
Ermira Zifla (instructor) 10:00am-12:00pm Wednesdays, Speakman Hall 207C or by appointment.
ITA
Prince Patel (ITA) by appointment only. Email: tug04032@temple.edu