MIS 0855: Data Science Fall 2018

Section 004, Instructor: Larry Dignan

Reading Quiz #5: Complete by Oct. 15

Some quick instructions:

• You must complete the quiz by the start of class on  Oct. 15, 2018.
  • When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Ready? Take the quiz by clicking this link.

Analytics Challenge extra credit

For 5 points on your lowest scored exam, here’s the assignment for the Analytics Challenge. This is good practice for the group project as well as an opportunity to compete and maybe win some money. I will look these over the Friday Oct. 26 before the Challenge is due on Oct. 31.

Form teams of anywhere from 2 to 4 and download the challenge specs and data from the site once you choose one.

Reading Quiz #4: Complete by Oct. 1

Some quick instructions:

• You must complete the quiz by the start of class on Oct. 1, 2018.
  • When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign in. It will then take you to the quiz.
    If it says you don’t have access, make sure you’re signed out of your regular Gmail (non-TUMail) account!
  • You can only do the quiz once. If you submit multiple times, I’ll only use the first (oldest) one.
  • This is “open book” – you can use the articles to answer the questions – but do not get help from anyone else.

Ready? Take the quiz by clicking this link.