Information Systems in Organizations

MIS 2101.002 – Marie-Christine Martin – Spring 2018

Welcome to MIS2101

Welcome to MIS2101, Information Systems in Organizations.  We will not be using Blackboard or Canvas for this class.  Instead we’ll be using this site which is hosted by Community.MIS.Temple.Edu.  This site is built on WordPress, a world class open-source blogging tool.  As part of completing the assignments in MIS2101 you will gain some experience with WordPress and other technologies.

Unlike most intro courses, this course has no required textbook.  The traditional textbook has been replaced by a collection of readings and videos that are freely available over the Internet.  Another way you will find this class very different than most classes you will take at any university is that this class is “activity based”.  With this type of class there is far less traditional lecture.  We will used the time that is freed up from lectures to complete in-class activities that help students develop a deeper and more genuine understanding of the material that is discussed during our class discussions.

On this site you will find all of the required course materials including the syllabus, links to the assigned readings, links to assigned videos, assignments and access to your grades for the course.  In addition announcements will be made in class and/or on this site so it is important that you check this site regularly for announcements.

Review session for Exam 3 – class capture added!

Here is the link to the class capture from yesterday’s review session!

Date: Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 11:29 AM
Subject: MIS 2101 / 2901 Exam 3 Review Session

I will be holding a review session for Exam 3 this Wednesday, April 25 from 5:00-7:00 PM in Speakman Hall 213! Please encourage your students to attend and bring questions! 

Best, 
Andrea

Exam 2 Review : 2nd session on 3/21

From Andrea :

I will be hosting an additional review session for Exam 2 next Wednesday, 03/21 from 5:30-6:30 PM in Alter 603! Many students seemed unaware of my review session last week, so since the exam is still a week away I decided to hold another one! This session will not be class captured, since students unable to attend can still watch the recording of the previous session. I just want to offer students with questions a chance to attend one in person and practice the Mini-Case! 

Best,
– Andrea

Exam 2 Review Session – link to the recorded session added

From Andrea Behler:

I will be holding an Exam Review Session for the 2101/2901 Exam THIS Thursday, March 15th from 5:00-6:00 pm in Alter 033. Please notify your students and encourage them to come with questions! 

——————————————————–

Here is the link to the recording of the review session:

https://foxtemple.mediasite.com/Mediasite/Play/0ee6583cbd56411ea0c7cab1eee5ad321d