MIS 2101.004 – Adam Alalouf – Spring 2017

Announcements

1. There is no blackboard for this course.

That’s right. In lieu of blackboard, we will use a course blog hosted by WordPress. You can access the course site anywhere anytime with an internet connection. Visit the course site here and bookmark it now. You will use it throughout the semester. 

(If you don’t know what WordPress is, I suggest googling it now). 

It would be a good idea to review the course basics, which goes over my bio and how to get in touch with me for office hours. You can also take a look at the course grading policies and stance on academic honesty. You can also find information on course materials, which is a small packet you need to buy at the digital copy center. 

But most importantly, you need to check out the course schedule, which is a list of all required readings and videos, all of which are found online. You are required to complete these readings before you show up to class. The nice thing is that you can do the readings on your phone or laptop virtually anywhere. 

Which brings me to the next point…

2. There is no textbook for this course.

All of the materials you are required to read and view are listed on the class schedule as mentioned above. 

3. You should take good notes. 

This course is going to throw a lot of new concepts at you, and a whole lot of acronyms and technical information. You will do yourself a service by taking good notes and organizing new information in a way that makes it easy to review at a later point. 

In a nutshell, MIS 2101 is all about teaching you how to think critically and adapt to changing problems in the business world. There is no textbook because… well, because the answers change often. We teach you problem solving techniques and how to find the information you need to succeed in business. 

Leave a Reply