Information Systems in Organizations

MIS 2101.005 – James C. Moustafellos – Spring 2016

Welcome to MIS2101

Welcome to MIS2101, Information Systems in Organizations.  We will not be using Blackboard for this class.  Instead we’ll be using this site which is hosted by Community.MIS.Temple.Edu.  This site is built on WordPress, a world class open-source blogging tool.  As part of completing the assignments in MIS2101 you will gain some experience with WordPress and other technologies.

Unlike most intro courses, this course has no required textbook.  The traditional textbook has been replaced by a collection of readings that are freely available over the Internet.  Another way you will find this class very different than most classes you will take at any university is that this class is “activity based”.  With this type of class there is far less traditional lecture.  We will used the time that is freed up from lectures to complete in-class activities that help students develop a deeper and more genuine understanding of the material that is discussed during our class discussions.

On this site you will find all of the required course materials including the syllabus, links to the assigned readings, assignments and access to your grades for the course.  In addition announcements will be made in class and/or on this site so it is important that you check this site regularly for announcements.

EXAM #3 Information

Exam 3 IS NOT CUMULATIVE.

It will cover all of the Readings / Lectures / Activities SINCE EXAM 2

The only part that is cumulative is the Case.  It will include a Swimlane Diagram and ERD

—-

The exam is 1 hour and will be on Tues 5/3 from 1:00-2:00

Ciara Murphy’s office hours

Chiara Murphy is the teaching assistant for our section of MIS 2101.  She can be reached at:

ciara.murphy@temple.edu

Below is a message from Ciara regarding her office hours:

I hope the beginning of the semester is going well everyone. For those of you I haven’t had the chance to meet yet I am your TA for MIS2101. This is my third semester as a teaching assistant for this class and I am more than happy to answer any questions about the material or assignments.

My office hours will be Mondays from 11-12 and Thursdays 1-2 in Speakman 207J.

If these do not work for you and you have a question feel free to reach out to me and we can set up an appointment.

Exam #1 STUDY SESSION

Samantha Talarico and Sean Walsh will be conducting a  Review/Study Session for Exam #1

Tuesday February 9th3:00-4:00PM, Alter 748  

This is open to all MIS 2101 students.

—-

YOU MUST COME PREPARED WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TOPICS YOU WISH TO REVIEW

“We ask that you let your students know and to impress upon them that they should bring specific questions to the review as this is not a session where we will be reteaching any of the material. I want to emphasize that point so there is no confusion about what this session is about for them.”

Recent Comments