MIS 2101.007 – Jonathan Latko – Fall 2018

Jonathan Latko

Final Exam and Grade Updates

Thank you for a great semester! 

1. Please fill out the student feedback form online. https://esff.temple.edu
  2. Grades have been updated after class tonight.  I dropped the two lowest in-class assignments so you should see a jump in your raw points.  Please review and get any questions to me ASAP.  Semester grades (pre final exam) become final on Dec 11th, I will entertain any assignment grade disputes after Dec 11th.  Any question about your grade please email me directly at  jlatko@temple.edu and be specific on what you are asking me.   https://community.mis.temple.edu/gradebook/
  3. The final exam is Thursday Dec 13 5:45pm sharp in our regular classroom in Alter Hall!  Bring a #2 Pencil.
  4. There is a review session for the exam coming up: Monday, December 10, 2-3:30pm in Alter 745
  5. Amy, our TA will be available on Wednesday for office hours if you have any questions.  Wednesday from 3pm- 5pm / Alter 602
  6. Please feel free to email if you have any questions and good luck on the final.

Have a great evening – Prof Latko

Learnt IT#2 Due Sunday 12/2 end of day (no late assignments!)

4 hints and or guidance:

1) % New Sessions:

Included in the assignment instructions for non-MIS majors, Part 5, Section 1.g, the metric indicted is % New Sessions. 

This metric is not included on the non-MIS major rubric and I cannot find it on Google Analytics.  

You can use % of New Users instead of % of New Sessions.

2)  Finding Stats

Referrals:

Found under: Acquisitions/All traffic / Referrals    

Social:

Found under: Acquisition/Social   

4) Date Range for more data

Expand your date range beyond the default to get more data from the semester before looking for the stats. 

Max Lab 2 Helpdesk time announced

In preparation for Max Labs 2 deliverables, a team of Information Technology Assistants (ITAs) will be holding help desk sessions in Alter 602 at various times and days from 10/26 – 11/5. The ITAs will not be leading any sort of instruction – they will simply be there to help you with any questions or difficulties you might have.

Feel free to come to one of the help desk sessions if you want to work on the assignment knowing there is a person on hand who can answer any potential questions.

Listed below are the dates and times of all help desk sessions for Max Labs 2: 

Friday, Oct 26: 9-12PM, 3-5PM

Monday, Oct 29: 4-6PM

Tuesday, Oct 30: 6-8PM

Wednesday, Oct 31: 3-5PM

Thursday, Nov 1: 5-7PM

Friday, Nov 2: 9-11AM, 1-4PM

Monday, Nov 5: 3-7P

Note: Alter 602 has computers that you can use if you do not have a laptop. 

Exam 2 Review Sessions Coming up

MIS will be holding two review sessions for MIS2101 Exam 2:

• Monday, October 22, 4-5:30pm in Alter 34.
  • Friday, October 26, 6-7:30pm in Alter 32.

It will be the same thing for both sessions so students can just attend one of them. The session will also be recorded on Class Capture.

As usual, we will NOT be covering all of the exam materials but rather, students are expected to come with questions. If you want to  ask questions in advance:

http://community.mis.temple.edu/mis2901sec001f18/2018/10/15/mis-2101-2901-exam-2-review-session-questions/

Exam 2 Study Guide

Max Lab Helpdesk

In preparation for Max Labs 1 deliverables, a team of Information Technology Assistants (ITAs) will be holding help desk sessions to to help you all complete these assignments successfully!

All sessions will be held in Alter 602 at various times and days from 10/10 – 10/22. For the most part, two ITAs will be on hand during each session. They will not be leading any sort of instruction – they will simply be there to help you with any questions or difficulties you might have.

Although many of you will find that you can complete the assignments on your own, feel free to come to one of the help desk sessions if you want to work on the assignment knowing there is a person on hand who can answer any potential questions.

Listed below are the dates and times of all help desk sessions for Max Labs 1: 

Wednesday, Oct 10: 3-5PM

Thursday, Oct 11: 5-7PM

Friday, Oct 12: 4-6PM

Monday, Oct 15: 3-7PM

Wednesday, Oct 17: 3-5PM

Thursday, Oct 18: 5-8PM

Friday, Oct 19: 1-4PM

Monday, Oct 22: 3-5PM

Note: Alter 602 has computers that you can use if you do not have a laptop. 

Week of Oct 1st

1. Exam 1 on is on Thursday Oct 4th at 6pm during our regular class. 50 mins 25 questions – bring a number 2 pencil/ closed book.  Professor Doyle will run the exam for me as I am away at a conference but still accessible via limited email. You can leave after the exam.
  2. There is a class review that I posted online under Exam Schedule: http://community.mis.temple.edu/mis2101sec007f18/exam-schedule/
  3. I  have the pre-exam practice case study solution from your course packet for Fitter Snacker updated below.
  4. You do have to start preparing for Max Lab Homeworks. There is a Max Lab 0 assignment you must review for Sunday with Max Lab 1 due soon after. There is a Max Lab Helpdesk so I suggest you take advantage. You will at some point, follow the directions, pay for access to the content. 
  5. I am still working on Learn I T#1 grading. 

Mini Case Pre-Exam Practice Solution

1.C – Create & Send Purchase Order to Supplier and Accounting

2.A – Post Goods Receipt and Send to Accounting

3.D – Accounting

4.B – Requisition Approved?

5.A – Three Way Match?

6.E – None of the above, correct answer is “select supplier”

7.C – Pay Invoice

8.A – Purchase Requisition

9.B – Purchase Order

10.D – Goods Receipt

11.B – Supplier