MIS 2101.401 – Jonathan Latko – Fall 2016

Volunteer Opportunity with some Temple Grads/ Startups – great way to network.

Good Morning Mr. Latko,

I work for local Philadelphia company, United by Blue, an outdoor brand with a commitment to waterway conservation. For every product sold, we remove a pound of trash from oceans and waterways through company organized cleanups.

United by Blue and Honeygrow are hosting a cleanup along the Delaware River at Penn Treaty Park on Tuesday Oct. 11 from 4-6PM. All cleanup supplies are provided and volunteers will have the chance to win United By Blue prizes.

Honeygrow will be providing all volunteers with snacks and a 25% off token, redeemable at Honeygrow’s Temple University location.

Both Honeygrow and United By Blue are Philly start-ups. The founders of each organization are graduates of Temple, and have a lot of pride in their Temple roots. This would be a great volunteer opportunity for students interested in sustainability efforts and local businesses in Philadelphia. We would love to have students and staff at Temple University join us in preserving this Delaware waterfront.

Would you be willing to share this opportunity with your group,  through your social media channels and/or with your community contacts? I can additional photos if you think that would be helpful.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the event, or if you would like to be notified about future cleanups.

Check out the event’s page here.

Thank you in advance for your help with this!

Cara

Leave a Reply