MIS 2101.702 – Carey O’Donnell – Spring 2018

Carey O'Donnell

I am an instructor for the MIS Department at the Fox School of Business. I have been teaching at Temple University for 19 years, for both Graduate and Undergraduate courses. My primary instructor focus today is teaching the Core Course MIS 2101, with both regular and on-line courses. My business career spans over 35 years, holding a variety of sales, marketing, and senior management positions with firms like Emerson, Chloride, C&D Technologies, and Invensys plc. I was a co-founder in 1997 of The Cactus Integration Group, a telecommunications engineering and deployment firm focused on power, voice, and signal infrastructure. Cactus achieved almost $100 Million in annual sales within three years of its inception, and was sold to a large multinational in the Fall of 2000. In addition to my teaching, I am a co-founder and principal of Mesa Technical Associates, Inc., a turn-key solutions provider focused on power infrastructure applications for the telecommunications and utility sectors. Mesa is also a pioneer in the design, integration, and installation of Energy Storage systems for renewable energy applications. I am married with two children. My primary hobby is restoring and flying warbird aircraft, formation flying, and aerobatics.

Class Discussion: Post #2

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of our next class.  Your response only needs to be about three or four sentences. These weekly questions should reinforce class discussions, readings and show some insight.  

Hint: If you sign into the site using your AccessNet ID and password you won’t have to fill in the name, email and captcha fields when you leave your comment.

Here is the question:

Last week, we reviewed ERPs and Data Analytics.  In any organization, it is crucial to collect good data and have an integrated system that enables users to have one clear view of the data and customer.    Thinking about your major and your future careers in business – why is this important?  How could good data or bad data have an impact on your daily job?