Instructor: David Schuff

Assignments

Assignment #6: Getting Familiar with R/RStudio

Here are the assignment instructions (corrected 11/4). Fill out and submit this Word document with your answers.

And here is the data set for the assignment (OnTimeAirport-Jan14.csv).

Note that this file will be too big to view in RStudio. If you want to view the contents, just open it in Excel. 

Also note – the “corrected” version of the assignment instructions has the same answer sheet as the original. I changed items #4 and #8 in the assignment instructions to match the answer sheet.

This assignment is due by the start of class on November 9, 2017!

Assignment #5: Data Visualization/Analytics Challenge

Here are the assignment instructions.

To complete the assignment:

• Get into a team of 3 people
  • Complete an entry for the QVC Analytics Challenge
  • Submit your entry to me for course credit
  • Submit your entry to the competition for extra credit/professional development points

Don’t let the assignment number (#5) fool you – I’m posting it before assignment #4 because it is due later – October 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM!

Assignment #2: Getting Information Out of a Database (SQL #2)

Here is the assignment instructions.

And here is the movie rental schema you’ll need to do the assignment!

Remember, you must submit a single Microsoft Word document with the query you used and the answer that was returned. If your submission does not have both of these you will not get credit for the assignment.

The assignment is due by the start of class on September 26, 2017.

Assignment #1: ER Modeling

Here is the assignment instructions.

Use ERDPlus to complete the assignment. It is pretty straightforward to use, but this handy video shows you how to create an ERD and export the diagram as a graphic. That graphic can then be inserted into a Microsoft Word document.

Remember, you must submit a single Microsoft Word document – if you send multiple graphic files, or multiple Word files, you will not get credit for the assignment.

The assignment is due by the start of class on September 14, 2017.

Where and when do we meet?
Alter Hall 232
12:30 - 1:50 Tuesdays and Thursdays
Office Hours
David Schuff (instructor):
2:00-3:00, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Speakman Hall 210E and email (see my site)

Lauren Soentgen (ITA):
1:00 - 2:00 Mondays
11:00-12:00 Fridays
Speakman Hall 210D (and see her site)