Instructor: David Schuff

Weekly Question

Weekly Question #2: Complete by September 14, 2017

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on September 14, 2017. Remember, it only needs to be three or four sentences. For these weekly questions, I’m mainly interested in your opinions, not so much particular “facts” from the class!

If you sign in using your AccessNet ID and password you won’t have to fill in the name, email and captcha fields when you leave your comment.

Answer this question:

What do you think is the trickiest thing about creating an ERD from a problem description? What advice would you give to deal with that issue?

Weekly Question #1: Complete by September 7, 2017

Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on September 7, 2017. Remember, it only needs to be three or four sentences. For these weekly questions, I’m mainly interested in your opinions, not so much particular “facts” from the class!

If you sign in using your AccessNet ID and password you won’t have to fill in the name, email and captcha fields when you leave your comment.

Here is the question:

Give an example in your own experience where you saw raw data turned into information. For example (don’t use this one!), we discussed how convenience stores like 7-11 take individual purchases (data) to learn customer buying habits (information).

Where and when do we meet?
Alter Hall 232
12:30 - 1:50 Tuesdays and Thursdays
Office Hours
David Schuff (instructor):
2:00-3:00, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Speakman Hall 210E and email (see my site)

Lauren Soentgen (ITA):
1:00 - 2:00 Mondays
11:00-12:00 Fridays
Speakman Hall 210D (and see her site)