Setting up R and RStudio
- You should install both software packages – R and RStudio! Don’t just install R or your life will be difficult!
- Install the latest version of both R and RStudio (see below)!
We’ll be using this software to do some analytics! You can get a full copy of the software – Windows or Mac – for free!
First download and install R:
- Download the installation package for R.
- Choose the link for your operating system (Windows or MacOS).
- If you have Windows, choose the “base” installation file. If you have a Mac, you’ll have to choose the one that corresponds to your version of MacOS.
- Either way, it will download the installation file to your computer. Double-click on the file to install it, accepting the default options.
Now download and install RStudio:
- Download the appropriate installer from the RStudio website.
- Make sure you keep track of where you save the installer.
- Install the software! Just accept the default settings.
After both are installed, you’re always going to run RStudio, which will use R behind the scenes to give you a pleasing analytics experience!