- Monday (12/3) No Class!
- Wednesday (12/5) Review session for Exam #3
- Friday (12/7) Exam #3
- Assignment #8 – Association Rule: Due Tuesday (12/4), at 11:59 pm
- Tuesday, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm, by ITA Nathaly (Speakman 209b)
- Thursday afternoon (by appointment), in Speakman 201F, by the instructor.
- Friday, 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm (before the exam), in Speakman 201F, by the instructor.
- Monday (11/26) ICA #10.1: Computing Confidence, Support, and Lift
- Wednesday (11/28) ICA #10.2: Association Rules Using R
- Friday (11/30)[Optional] Review and Q&A for Assignments on Advanced Analytics using R
- Assignment #7 – Clustering: Due Tuesday (11/27), at 11:59 pm
- 12:00 pm -2:00 pm, at Alter 236D (by ITA Nathaly)
- Monday (11/12) Clustering
- Wednesday (11/14) ICA #9: Clustering and Segmentation in R
- Friday (11/16) Association Rules
- Assignment #6: Due Thursday (11/15), at 11:59 pm
- Monday (11/5) No Class
- Wednesday (11/7) Classification using Decision Trees
- Friday (11/9) ICA #8: Decision Trees in R
- Assignment #5: Due Wednesday (11/7), at 11:59 pm
- Monday (10/29) In-Class Activity #7: Getting familiar with R and RStudio
- Wednesday (10/31) Review Session for Exam #2
- Friday (11/2) Exam #2
- Due Wednesday (10/31), at 11:59 pm
- I will hold regular sessions on Monday (10/29) and Wednesday (10/31) after class at Speakman 201F.
- Nathaly will hold additional office hours on Thursday (11/1), at 1:00-3:00 pm at Alter 604A.
- The exam is closed book, closed notes.
- The exam will be a combination of multiple-choice and short-answer questions.
- You will NOT be able to use a computer during the exam.
- Exam # 2 covers all the lectures after “Advanced queries” and those before advanced analytics in R.
- I will hold an exam review session on Wednesday (10/31)
- Nathaly will hold office hours on Thursday (11/1), at 1:00-3:00 pm at Alter 604A.
- Monday (10/22) Descriptive Statistics and Hypothesis Testing (PPT: Supplement – Basic Statistics)
- Monday (10/22) Introduction to Advanced Analytics (PPT 7.1 Advanced Analytics)
- Wednesday (10/24) Introduction to R and RStudio
- Friday (10/26) NO Class! Happy Friday!
Setup Guide for R and RStudio
Please fill in the Min-Semester Course Feedback Form as I mentioned last week. The purpose of this form is to gather feedback on your course learning experience so far. Based on this I will improve this course, how it is taught, and therefore help you improve your learning. Please be constructive and courteous in your responses. Thanks!
Check out the survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/qE5PymMgzrxRwQi62
- Monday (10/15) Principles of Data Visualization
- Wednesday (10/17) ICA #6.1: Data Visualization Principles
- Friday (10/19) ICA #6.2: Creating Infographics
- Assignment #4 (ETL and Pivot Tables in Excel): Due Wednesday 10/17, 11:59 pm