MIS2502 Featured Items

The Points/Extra Credit Assignment

Here are the instructions for the optional assignment. It is worth "portfolio points" for MIS Majors and extra credit for everyone. The due date is May 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM. Since this is extra credit and optional, no late assignments will be accepted under any circumstances!

Read More

Announcements

Check Your Grades and Make Sure You’ve Submitted Everything!

I have posted all grades to the Community Site through Assignment 7 (Assignments 8 and 9 will be posted as soon as I grade them). Check your grades to make sure there are no inconsistencies and that I have a score for everything you’ve submitted.

In order to not receive the letter grade late penalty for each missing assignment, everything must be submitted by Friday, May 4 at 5:00 PM. There will be no exceptions. After that, for each missing assignment:

• You will receive a zero for that assignment!
  • Your final course grade will be reduced by 10 points!
There are no exceptions to this policy!

Creating the Data Source in Assignment 6

For assignment 6, you’ll need to create the data source AAEM.ORGANICS.

You’ll see that the instructions specify AAEM61.ORGANICS. You can ignore the “61,” since your only choice is the AAEM library. AAEM.ORGANICS is the same set of data.

Assignment 3 Due Date Changed

I have moved the due date for Assignment 3 from February 28 to March 1.

All other due dates will remain the same.

Exam Review Slides

Here are the slides we looked at for today’s exam review.

Installing MySQL Workbench on your own computer

Remember, the instructions for how to install MySQL Workbench on your own computer is here.

The server is accessible from anywhere as long as you are connected to the Internet, except on networks where there are security restrictions (like WiFi4Owls).

Additional ERD Examples

I have posted this PowerPoint document with two more ERD examples:

1) Another case of attributes describing a relationship.

2) Another case of a three-way (many-to-many-to-many) relationship.

Reminder: MGM Case on Tuesday

There will be quiz at the beginning of class followed by a discussion of the case.

Remember, the link to the case is under course links (Harvard Publishing). Or go here.

More detail is in the original post.

Change in office hours for 1/24 and 1/26

Next week I have meetings from 10 – 11 on Tuesday and Thursday (during normal office hours). However, I’ll be in my office from 9:30 – 10:00 and then again from 1:00 – 2:00 both days.

Welcome to MIS2502

I’ll be adding content to this site over the next week.

You’ll notice that I put up a link to Harvard Business Publishing. You can buy the case we’ll be using there, but I strongly suggest you wait until the first class.