Professor Carey O’Donnell
Office Location: Speakman 207d
Office Hours: Here everyday so stop on by. If you email me,
we can arrange a time to make sure I’m in the office.
Telephone Extension: 5551
Office: Speakman 207
Meetings: Room 231, 12:00PM-12:50 Free Lunch to Members!
The primary objectives are:
- Explain the role of technology as a business enabler
- Identify and explain applications and systems in a business environment
- Interpret the interaction between technology, customers, processes, data, infrastructure, participants, and environment an organization.
- Understand the complexity and challenges involved in integrating the functional areas of a business
- Understand how organizations are using new technology to innovate and create new businesses and revenue streams, and how technology entrepreneurship enables organizational change
- Think more broadly about how systems are tools for enabling innovation and entrepreneurship in the context of social media
The secondary objectives are:
- Discriminate and synthesize between different sources of information as part of application acquisition or development
- List ethical and intellectual property challenges that arise from the use of technology
- Explain the evolving role of MIS in the organization, the MIS professional, and careers in MIS