Hello Section 1,
Please watch the following video lecture: https://tinyurl.com/ydbhhg5w
It is required viewing for the course. There is also a challenge assigned for this coming Tuesday.
The video lecture will be a big help in figuring out the challenge.
We will have a make-up quiz in your section (section 1) of 3501 on Thursday 10/19.
You can either take the make-up quiz or not. If you don’t take the make-up quiz then I will assume that you are satisfied with your performance on Tuesday’s quiz, in spite of the network difficulties that began in the middle of class.
If you don’t want to take the make-up quiz, you do not need to attend class.
All of you *do* have a challenge due. Please print that challenge solution out and either bring it to class or slide it under my office door no later than noon tomorrow. (Speakman 209D)
PLAN AHEAD. PRINT YOUR CHALLENGE SOLUTION BEFORE CLASS.
You will not want to squirrel away time puttering with the A602 printer when you should be taking the quiz.
- Talk about what to expect on the quiz next week
- Introduce PDO (lecture)
- There is both a companion exercise and a corresponding challenge
In class on 10/10 we will:
- Briefly review exam 1
- Work on another SQL exercise
Reminder, the SQL quiz is on 10/17
See you in class.
In class today we will spend some more time working with SQL.
- Take a second look at the “Mastery Grids” challenge.
- Sign into phpmyadmin on the class server. (You will change your password there.)
- Work on an in-class exercise.
See you in class.
Here is the agenda for class on Tuesday (10/3)
- Introduction to relational databases and MySQL (Presentation)
- Exercise 3.1
A corresponding challenge will be assigned. See you in class.
Today is dedicated to exam prep. I will review the study guide: MIS3501-Exam-1-Study-Guide.docx and take questions. See you in class.
P.S. The plan is to simulcast the review session as it takes place in A603, from 7pm to 8pm on Wednesday evening. It’s not quite as good as being there… but it is better than waiting for the recording to be available.
https://foxsbm.webex.com/join/jeremy (now off line)
Here’s what we have for class on 9/21:
- A brief review of the HTML quiz
- A brief review of Challenge 2.3 (see also, the post entitled “video help”)
- A discussion of PHP includes (presentation)
- A related exercise
No challenge will be assigned. However, you have an exam coming up. Here is the study guide: MIS3501-Exam-1-Study-Guide.docx