Data Centric Application Development
Profile photo of Jeremy Shafer

Jeremy Shafer

MIS3501.001 – Agenda for class on 3/23

Here’s our agenda for class on 3/23

1. Review the SQL Quiz (because we didn’t get to it last time.)
  2. Review the solution to Challenge 4.1
  3. Look at an alternate solution to the suggestion box exercise from last class, and practice uploading it to the class server.
  4. Challenge 4.2 will be assigned

See you in class.

-Prof Shafer

MIS3501.001 – Agenda for class on 3/21

Hello everyone,

Welcome back from Spring Break!  Here’s the agenda for class tomorrow.

1. PDO Exercise 3 – Suggestion Box
  2. Discuss: How do we upload our data driven code to the server?
  3. Review the SQL quiz

Please note that Challenge 4.1 is now due THURSDAY 3/23.

See you in class.

-Prof Shafer

MIS3501.001 – Agenda for class on 3/7

Hello everyone,

In class today we will:

1. Explore how to use PHP with a MySQL database
  2. There is a corresponding exercise
  3. A related challenge will be assigned.

Also, please note, my office hours tomorrow (and tomorrow only) will be from 2pm to 4pm.

-Prof Shafer

MIS3501.001 – Agenda for class today

Hello class,

Remember that you have a challenge due today.  It is to be uploaded to the class server.  Do not print it.  I won’t be accepting print outs of the challenges.  I will look to find the upload instead.

Today we will:

1. Start off with a couple reminders re: the upcoming exam on 2/21
  2. Begin to explore the database commands we will use in class
  3. Work on a corresponding excercise

-Prof Shafer

MIS3501.001 – Exam 1 prep / next week

Hello everyone,

I have altered the schedule for class next week.  Please take a look at that under the schedule tab. Also:

1. Recall that challenge 2.3 is due to be uploaded by Tuesday 2/14.  (I will only accept an upload for this challenge… so if you have it posted to the class server already, you are done.  Do not come to class with a print out for this.  Just upload it to the class server.)
  2. If you haven’t done so already, I recommend working through the videos I posted relevant to exercise 2.4
  3. Exam 1 will be held on 2/21.
  4. An exam prep exercise is now available.  (See: MIS 3501 Exam 1 Preparation.pdf and Exam1Prep.zip )
  5. Our class on 2/16 will focus on a review of this exam prep exercise.

See you all next week.

-Prof Shafer

Office Hours

10 am - 11:30 am, Monday
10 am - 11:30 am, Wednesday
10 am - 11:30 am, Friday
Other times by appointment

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 3 other subscribers

Recent Comments
    • Professors Martin and Sclarow join the MIS department January 17, 2017
      Assistant Professor of Practice, Marie-Christine Martin and Assistant Professor of Practice, Steven E. Sclarow joined the Fox School’s Department of Management Information Systems in January 2017. Prior to Temple, Professor Martin was a Technology and Services executive with 20+ years of experience working at three of the largest global IT providers, while Professor Sclarow, has […]
    • Professor Doyle receives Fox School Musser award November 17, 2016
      Professor Martin Doyle received the 2016 Fox School Musser Excellence in Leadership Award for Faculty Service. The award was presented at the 20th annual Musser Award reception and dinner Nov. 16, 2016, in Mitten Hall, on Temple University’s Main Campus. Professor Doyle was recognized for his leadership and service to the Department of Management Information […]
    • Professors Wattal and Greenwood receive fellowships November 13, 2016
      Professors Sunil Wattal and Brad Greenwood received prestigious named research fellowships at the Fox School’s Eighteenth Annual Research Roundtable and Teaching Awards on November 9th, 2016. These fellowships are only awarded to the top researchers in the school. In addition, a number of MIS faculty and doctoral students were also honored with research and teaching awards. […]