In class on 3/15 we will:
- Review the solution to the last challenge
- Continue to investigate PDO (see presentations and exercises)
- A corresponding challenge will be assigned
See you in class.
Check your email for more information.
Details re: Professional Achievement Points Project has been posted. This project is totally optional. It is not required. It is not extra credit. It is, however, an opportunity to earn some MIS Professional Achievement Points. See the “Points Project” tab for details. You’ll need to know some more about PDO to do the project, but I wanted everyone to see the project description.
I want to clarify/correct some remarks I made in class about what we’ll be doing when we return from break.
When we next meet as a class (Tuesday 3/13) we will have the SQL Quiz. That will take the whole class. Recall that the SQL quiz will be similar in structure to the last two exercises we did in class. It will cover material in the assigned Lynda viewing: inserts, updates, deletes, select statements, and select statements that join two or more tables.
The challenge that I mentioned at the end of last class will be due (as a print out) on Thursday 3/15.
Please do not show up to class on 3/15 and run the printer for the first 5 – 10 minutes of class. The challenge is relatively short, and you should be able to have your work printed out prior to the start of class. Staple your pages together, and clearly write your name on your paper.
In today’s class we begin Chapter 4 material, “How to use PHP with a MySQL database”
The class presentation will be an “Introduction to PDO” (see the presentations tab) and there is a corresponding exercise.
If time permits, we will validate that you are able to login to phpmyadmin on the class server (link: https://misdemo.temple.edu/phpmyadmin )
See you soon.
In class on 2/27 we will:
- Briefly review exam 1
- Work on a SQL exercise together
- If time permits, we will introduce the databases assigned to students on the class server. (See: https://misdemo.temple.edu/phpmyadmin )
Also, please keep an eye on the class calendar / schedule so you can anticipate what’s coming. See you in class.
Here’s the agenda for class today:
- Discussion: “What can I be doing to get better at programming”?
- Resources: Your textbook
- This exercise: http://misdemo.temple.edu/shafer/mis3501_mad_exercise
- Another resource: https://projecteuler.net/ (I personally have PHP solutions to items 1 through 18)
- Work through a SQL exercise together
See you in class.
In today’s class we will cover:
- An introduction to relational databases
- The SQL statements for data manipulation
- An introduction to MySQL
- How to use phpMyAdmin
- Exercise 3.1
Here’s what we’re doing today:
- A brief review of your HTML quizzes
- Review Exam 1 Study Guide (brief) MIS3501-Exam-1-Study-Guide.docx
- Review Solution to Challenge 2.3
- Exercise 2.4
Please recall that you have exam 1 on Thursday.
Hello everyone, an exam 1 study guide can be found here: MIS3501-Exam-1-Study-Guide.docx