Grades for the Solutions Plus – Data Analysis Assignment have been posted to the gradebook
Draft copies of your team’s As IS analysis defining the current state of your project topic
- Swim Lane Process Flow Diagram
- Data Diagram
- Key Business Rules / Decision Tables / Decision Tree
The goal for this portion of the project is to use the analysis tools we reviewed in class to depict the current state of the problem / opportunity that the team has chosen to pursue. Your team will have an opportunity to make adjustments to the documents and include the final copy as part of the final project submission.
You may submit the draft documents to me at the end of class via email or in hardcopy form, please bring a printed copy of the documents to class or a laptop to present the documents in a peer team review session. This will be a exercise where teams pair off to share each others findings and give feedback.
Complete the JustinMind Prototype Introduction Lab2
Due on 10/24/2017
Turn in a hardcopy print out at the beginning of next class
Lab can be found under the Assignment Case Material section of the website
Turn in the individual case assignment due for Decision Tree Case Study
Review Case assignment for Data Analysis – Case
JustinMind demonstration of linking screens and review of individual assignment
Class Discussion on Design and Team Exercise
Team Project time to work on As Is analysis and deliverables
I have corrected the link to the Week 7 Business Rules Presentation
Sorry for the delay
Grades for the Swim Lane Process Flow case assignment have been posted to the Gradebook
- Turn in Team Project Scope Document Revision
- Turn in Individual Data Analysis case assignment
- Review Swim Lane Process flow case assignment
- Wrap-up on Data Analysis discussion
- Class discussion on business rules
- Review Individual assignment on business rules
- Team exercise on decision diagram
The updated Exam 1 grades have been loaded into the Gradebook
Posted exam grade includes additional 1 point bonus for follow up class discussion
Data Analysis Case: Solutions-Plus Client Project Data Analysis
Use the ERD Blank Excel Template to:
- Create a Glossary of terms from the case
- Identify all the data entities that the Solutions-Plus Client Project Case will need.
- For each entity, identify all of the attributes that must be collected.
- Indicate the relationships between the different entities.
Use the tool of your choice (Excel template ERD Tab, Google docs, MS Access, Word, or Sketch on Paper) to create an ER or Schema Diagram to demonstrate the relationships graphically
Revised Team Project Scope based on follow class discussion:
- In the third paragraph of the scope document’s problem statement, be sure to include the specific deliverables outlined in the Team Project Deliverables section of the class web site.
- Review and adjust the project scope Objectives to ensure they are written as a measurable set of metrics in which your teams proposed solution can be evaluated against.
- Please have an updated copy of the Scope document ready for review.
- Please email me a soft copy of the Scope document of the updated document as well