Draft copies of your team’s As IS analysis defining the current state of your project topic
- Swim Lane Process Flow Diagram
- Data Diagram
- Key Business Rules / Decision Tables / Decision Tree
The goal for this portion of the project is to use the analysis tools we reviewed in class to depict the current state of the problem / opportunity that the team has chosen to pursue. Your team will have an opportunity to make adjustments to the documents and include the final copy as part of the final project submission.
You may submit the draft documents to me at the end of class via email or in hardcopy form, please bring a printed copy of the documents to class or a laptop to present the documents in a peer team review session. This will be a exercise where teams pair off to share each others findings and give feedback.
Complete the JustinMind Prototype Introduction Lab2
Due on 10/23/2018
Turn in a hardcopy print out at the beginning of next class
Lab can be found under the Assignment Case Material section of the website
Turn in the individual case assignment due for Decision Tree Case Study
Review Case assignment for Data Analysis – Case
JustinMind demonstration of linking screens and review of individual assignment
Class Discussion on Design and Team Exercise
Team Project time to work on As Is analysis and deliverables
- Turn in Team Project Scope Document Revision
- Turn in Individual Data Analysis case assignment
- Review Swim Lane Process flow case assignment
- Wrap-up on Data Analysis discussion
- Class discussion on business rules
- Review Individual assignment on business rules
- Team exercise on decision diagram
You individual assignment grades for Scope document and JustinMind Lab1 have been posted to the course gradebook
You Exam 1 grade has been posted to the course gradebook
Data Analysis Case: Solutions-Plus Client Project Data Analysis
Use the ERD Blank Excel Template to:
- Create a Glossary of terms from the case
- Identify all the data entities that the Solutions-Plus Client Project Case will need.
- For each entity, identify all of the attributes that must be collected.
- Indicate the relationships between the different entities.
Use the tool of your choice (Excel template ERD Tab, Google docs, MS Access, Word, or Sketch on Paper) to create an ER or Schema Diagram to demonstrate the relationships graphically
Revised Team Project Scope based on follow class discussion:
- In the third paragraph of the scope document’s problem statement, be sure to include the specific deliverables outlined in the Team Project Deliverables section of the class web site.
- Review and adjust the project scope Objectives to ensure they are written as a measurable set of metrics in which your teams proposed solution can be evaluated against.
- Please have an updated copy of the Scope document ready for review.
- Please email me a soft copy of the Scope document of the updated document as well
- Review Exam 1
- Review Process Flow Case Solution
- Class Discussion on Data Mapping and Relationships
- Review Individual Data Mapping case due next week
- Meet with teams on Scope Documents
Swim Lane Process Flow
Develop a Swim lane process flow based on the Discount Auto Parts – Sales Order, located on the class web site. You may use one of the two Swim Lane templates (Excel / PowerPoint) also located on the site or other templates found on the internet.
Exercise: draw the sales process described in the sales order case
- Actors – Who are all of the people/departments involved?
- Actions – What are the steps they perform in the process?
- Sequence – Map the process in sequence using the swim lane method.
Please submit the assignment in hard copy form
Turn in the individual JustinMind Prototype Introduction Lab
Turn in draft version of the Team Project Scope Document
Class Discussion on Process Flow Mapping
Review of Individual Process Mapping Case assignment due Class 6 – October 2, 2018
Studio work will be focused on a team exercise to develop a process map
Exam 1 scheduled for second half of class