Grades have been Posted to the Grade Book
Exam 3 Grade
Extra Credit if submitted
Final Course Letter Grade
Opportunities to earn extra credit points during the semester.
Students may choose to develop a prototype, in Justinmind for one of the following class cases:
Students who submit a prototype that is complete AND well done may earn up to 1/2 (.5) point on their FINAL grade average.
Please submit the extra credit assignment via email with the following information included:
- Identify the Case that the prototype solution has been designed for
- Take screen shots of the prototype solution and paste into a word document
- Include the JustinMind .vp file for the solution – please include your name as part of the prototype file name
Submission is due by 9 PM on Sunday 4/29/2018
Thank you for your support.
Agenda for Class:
Remaining 2 Teams will complete their project presentations
Wrap up discussion on the team projects
Take a few minutes to complete the Course Evolution for MIS3504 – Section 003
Review instructions for completion of project team member evaluations
Please compete evaluation form handed out, for each member of your team
Include a rating of your own perform ace
Do not put you name on the evaluation
Turn in the evaluation with you final exam
Team Project Deliverables:
Project deliverables are due by 11:00 PM 4/24/2018
See Website link Team Project Deliverables for details
Exam 3 distributed
Exam will be given the last hour of the class
Place your name on the exam question packet
Place you name on the answer sheet
When completed turn in both the exam question package and answer sheet
The primary material covered in the Exam will be on the Design aspects of the course with focus on the topic discussions and exercises reviewed in Classes 8 through 12.
While the exam will focus on design aspects of the discussion there will be reference to the analysis tools (process flow, data entities and business rules) found in some of the questions and applied in the case portions of the exam.
A review of chapter 6 in the text book and the class discussion on the analysis tools will also be helpful
The exam has three sections: (all multiple choice)
- 10 to 12 question on general knowledge of the above subject areas (mostly on Design Topics)
- 10 to 12 questions based on a case review which is focused on data elements and there application in a mocked up design solution (Report designs and layouts will be included in the case material)
- 14 to 16 question on a separate case review which will focused on the identification / evaluation of business rules and their applicability to a developing potential solution.
- To prepare for the question pertaining to the two cases in the exam, review previous case work assignments and practice identifying the key process steps, data elements and business rules that would be pertinent to creating a solution.
- Overall this exam will test you skills in analyzing the information supplied in a case an applying it to a solution
Presentation order of the teams will be random order determined at the beginning of class
For the presentations each team should have a version of the prototype loaded on a laptop that can be plugged into to projector and an copy of the presentation available to be projected on second screen. Would recommend email to a team member then access from desktop at the podium.
Please print a hard copy of the presentation and hand to me prior to beginning your team presentation
Plan on 10 to 12 minutes to present and a few minutes for follow up questions.
Evaluation sheets will be handed out and complete by the evaluation team to critique the other teams presentation, then provide feedback to the presenting team and class.
Dress to be comfortable: casual or business, what ever you feel will be most effective for your team
Presentations not completed on 4/17/2018 will be presented on 4/24/2018.
All final project deliverables will be due on 4/24/2018.
Project team member evaluation sheets will be completed on 4/24/2014
Exam 3 will be given second half of class on 4/24/2018
Class Discussion on:
Reviewing and evaluating work product
Overview key topics for the course
Team review of draft JustinMind Prototype and Presentation
The Exam 2 grades have been posted to the grade book, the posted grade includes adjustments discussed in class.
Draft copies of your team’s Prototype and PowerPoint presentation.
- Template for Presentation
- JustinMind Prototype