Turn in the individual case assignment due for Decision Tree Case Study
Review Case assignment for Data Analysis – Case
JustinMind demonstration of linking screens and review of individual assignment
Class Discussion on Design and Team Exercise
Team Project time to work on As Is analysis and deliverables
- Turn in Team Project Scope Document Revision
- Turn in Individual Data Analysis case assignment
- Review Swim Lane Process flow case assignment
- Wrap-up on Data Analysis discussion
- Class discussion on business rules
- Review Individual assignment on business rules
- Team exercise on decision diagram
Data Analysis Case: Solutions-Plus Client Project Data Analysis
Use the ERD Blank Excel Template to:
- Create a Glossary of terms from the case
- Identify all the data entities that the Solutions-Plus Client Project Case will need.
- For each entity, identify all of the attributes that must be collected.
- Indicate the relationships between the different entities.
Use the tool of your choice (Excel template ERD Tab, Google docs, MS Access, Word, or Sketch on Paper) to create an ER or Schema Diagram to demonstrate the relationships graphically
Revised Team Project Scope based on follow class discussion:
- In the third paragraph of the scope document’s problem statement, be sure to include the specific deliverables outlined in the Team Project Deliverables section of the class web site.
- Review and adjust the project scope Objectives to ensure they are written as a measurable set of metrics in which your teams proposed solution can be evaluated against.
- Please have an updated copy of the Scope document ready for review.
- Please email me a soft copy of the Scope document of the updated document as well
- Review Exam 1
- Review Process Flow Case Solution
- Class Discussion on Data Mapping and Relationships
- Review Individual Data Mapping case due next week
- Meet with teams on Scope Documents
Grading for the Individual Project Scope assignment has been posted to the grade book.
Swim Lane Process Flow
Develop a Swim lane process flow based on the Discount Auto Parts – Sales Order, located on the class web site. You may use one of the two Swim Lane templates (Excel / PowerPoint) also located on the site or other templates found on the internet.
Exercise: draw the sales process described in the sales order case
- Actors – Who are all of the people/departments involved?
- Actions – What are the steps they perform in the process?
- Sequence – Map the process in sequence using the swim lane method.
Please submit the assignment in hard copy form
Turn in draft version of the Team Project Scope Document
Class Discussion on Process Flow Mapping
Review of Individual Process Mapping Case assignment due Class 6 – February 10, 2018
Studio work will be focused on a team exercise to develop a process map
Exam 1 scheduled for second half of class