Data Analysis Case: Solutions-Plus Client Project Data Analysis
Use the ERD Blank Excel Template to:
- Create a Glossary of terms from the case
- Identify all the data entities that the Solutions-Plus Client Project Case will need.
- For each entity, identify all of the attributes that must be collected.
- Indicate the relationships between the different entities.
Use the tool of your choice (Excel template ERD Tab, Google docs, MS Access, Word, or Sketch on Paper) to create an ER or Schema Diagram to demonstrate the relationships graphically
Revised Team Project Scope based on follow class discussion:
- In the third paragraph of the scope document’s problem statement, be sure to include the specific deliverables outlined in the Team Project Deliverables section of the class web site.
- Review and adjust the project scope Objectives to ensure they are written as a measurable set of metrics in which your teams proposed solution can be evaluated against.
- Please have an updated copy of the Scope document ready for review.
- Please email me a soft copy of the Scope document of the updated document as well
- Review Exam 1
- Review Process Flow Case Solution
- Class Discussion on Data Mapping and Relationships
- Review Individual Data Mapping case due next week
- Meet with teams on Scope Documents
Grading for the Individual Project Scope assignment has been posted to the grade book.
Swim Lane Process Flow
Develop a Swim lane process flow based on the Discount Auto Parts – Sales Order, located on the class web site. You may use one of the two Swim Lane templates (Excel / PowerPoint) also located on the site or other templates found on the internet.
Exercise: draw the sales process described in the sales order case
- Actors – Who are all of the people/departments involved?
- Actions – What are the steps they perform in the process?
- Sequence – Map the process in sequence using the swim lane method.
Please submit the assignment in hard copy form
Turn in draft version of the Team Project Scope Document
Class Discussion on Process Flow Mapping
Review of Individual Process Mapping Case assignment due Class 6 – February 10, 2018
Studio work will be focused on a team exercise to develop a process map
Exam 1 scheduled for second half of class
Exam 1 will be given on Tuesday evening 2/13/2018 during the last 60 minutes of the class.
The exam will cover material in:
The four Class lecture PowerPoint Presentations:
Class 1 – Introduction to Business Analysis
Class 2 – Requirements and Stakeholders
Class 3 – Scoping a Project
Class 4 – Eliciting Requirements
Reading material found in the Seven Steps Text book
Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4
Exam will be comprised of (about) 40 questions, all multiple choice with 3 sections:
General questions from all four class discussion areas listed above
A section of questions associated with sample project scope document
A section of questions associated with a sample case focused on the project stakeholders, responsibilities and objectives
Complete the JustinMind Prototype Introduction Lab – Due on 2/13/2018
Turn in a hardcopy print out at the beginning of next class
Lab can be found under the Assignment Case Material section of the website
Prepare initial (draft) Team Project Scope documents based on the selected problem statements that was review at the end of the previous class. Please turn in a hard copy at the end of next class and be prepared to review with me.
You may use the same scope document template, located on the website, that was used for the individual case assignment
Class Discussion on Requirements Elicitation
Review JustinMind Individual Lab Assignment
Class exercise in problem scoping and elicitation
Overview of Exam 1 scheduled for second half of class on 2/13/2018
Individual Assignment: Project Scoping
Create a project scope document based on the Modern Electronics / Distribution Warehouse case using the project scope template that can be found on the site under Tools and Templates
Reference the PowerPoint discussion deck posted for Week 3 – Project Scope
Please submit the assignment in hard copy form at the beginning of class on Tuesday evening 2/6/2018
I have posted 2 Project Scope samples under the Tools and Template section, these samples are not related to the case assigned, just wanted to give you a frame of reference when filling out the template