Propose a new innovative technology enabled innovation. What kind of disruption does the product or service bring?
- You may work on your own or in a team of no more than 3 individuals (no exceptions). To work in a team, all team members must be different majors. This means that if you are an MIS student and you want to work in a team, then you need to find a non-MIS major to work with. In addition, you cannot work with the same team members as you did in Project 1. If you cannot meet these requirements then you can work on your own.
- You can propose a new technology enabled product or service that interests you the most. You do not need the instructors approval to work on the project, however, please use the instructor as a source for ideas and to get feedback.
- Create a new blog to (a) report on your progress, (b) collaborate with team members and keep me informed, and (c) to present your final results. Please remember that all blogs are public and a prospective employer may end up viewing your work – so make sure you put your best foot forward. Each team should only create one blog per team.
- The proposal at the minimum should include the following elements:
- A description of the proposed technology enabled innovation. The description should include sketches, prototypes, and any other visual elements that will aid others in understanding your idea.
- A detailed analysis of how the proposed product or service will increase revenue (make money) or reduce costs. If you are proposing a product that will neither make money or reduce costs that is fine – but then you need a persuasive argument of how your proposal will do a real task – i.e., solve a problem or provide value. You should also then include an analysis of how you intend to fund the proposed product or service.
- Place the proposed product or service within the context of the overall disruptive innovation theory. What kind of disruption does the product or service bring? Why?
- Identify and analyze the type of customers, signals of change, and context for the proposed product or service.
- Identify and analyze the competitive battles that will face the proposed product or service as well as how you intend to respond to these battles.
- Identify and analyze the strategic choices that need to be made in getting the product or service to market and the future faced by the product or service.
- Discuss and analyze the non-market forces that the proposed product or service will face.
- Part of the challenge of this project is for you to creatively use the “blog” medium to tell your story.
- Post the URL of your blog on the due date as a comment “reply” to this page (make you are logged in before you reply).