MIS 3537 Internet & Supply Chains
Due Date: January 22, 2019
Refer to the case “Crocs: Revolutionizing an Industry’s Supply Chain Model for Competitive Advantage” from the Harvard Business Publishing website
Answer the following questions briefly:
- What are Croc’s core competencies?
- How should they exploit these competencies in the future? Consider the following alternatives and comment how each alternative matches / does not match with Crocs core competencies.
- Further vertical acquisition into materials
- Growth by acquisitions
- Growth by product expansion
- What are the drawbacks of having too little or too much inventory?
- Is Crocs a high margin or a low margin company (compared to competitors)? How does a company’s margin impact its inventory decisions? In other words, should a high margin company carry more or less inventory?