Archive for April 21st, 2011

Hi everybody,

For the FACEGRP task, I decided to make a LinkedIn group page for the Temple University Career Center . I am currently the web intern at the Career Center, so I decided to make a LinkedIn group page since the Career Center didn’t have one. Creating the page was fairly basic. I just put in the title, added an image, and typed up a description for when users view the page. I also linked to the Career Center website, as well as enabled Twitter posts from the Career Center’s Twitter account. This means that every time there is a post made to the Career Center Twitter account, it will appear in the LinkedIn group.

The Career Center is an excellent resource for Temple students and alumni. Please click on the link above and join the group!

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

Here are the first three badges that I collected on Foursquare:

Newbie Badge

Newbie badge

I collected the Newbie badge at my first check-in on April 14th.  Players will collect this badge at their first Foursquare check-in.

School Night Badge

Players collect the School Night badge when they check in to a college facility after 3:00am. I got this during my overnight shift at the TECH Center. My overnight manager is a Foursquare friend of mine, so when I saw that he had this badge from checking-in during his overnight, I figured I would do it to get an easy badge.

4sqDay 2011 Badge

4sq Day 2011

The 4sqDay 2011 badge is a badge that can only be unlocked if a player checks-in to a place on April 16th. I got this when I checked-in at a store on April 16th, 2011.

All of these badges were fairly easy for me to obtain! I’ve really started to like Foursquare a lot!

Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)

Here is a screen capture of my Foursquare points from April 14th to April 21st

Foursquare Points

214 points

Hey everybody,

Here is the slideshow for my class presentation on QR codes:

My experiences with viral marketing have usually involved entertainment products, such as movies, music, or video games. In these cases, the entertainment companies would make teasers or snippets and post them to YouTube. From there, the videos are typically embedded on sites all over the Internet, including blogs and social networks. Whenever I participated in these viral marketing campaigns, it usually involved me watching the video on a blog or another site and then I also post the video on my social networks in order to inform my friends about the video or trailer. The most notable viral marketing campaign for an entertainment product that I remember was for the film, ‘The Dark Knight’. They had a site at http://whysoserious.com/ that provides teasers and bits of information of the story. This generated a lot of interest in the movie before its release.

Viral marketing is more likely to be successful for products with network effects because these products can be easily shared on a variety of networks. Entertainment brands have been able to use successful viral marketing campaigns because they typically make use of the audio and video sharing capabilities of sites like YouTube and Facebook.