Archive for the ‘About Me’ Category

This past summer I had the chance to study abroad in Dublin, Ireland. I did this through Temple’s School of Communications and Theater summer program in Dublin. The program lasted from June 2010 to July 2010. Here is a slide show of some of my favorite pictures from my trip, as well as some brief descriptions.

Malahide Castle – I went here for a day trip during one of the weekends. Malahide is located not too far from Dublin and we got there by train. Malahide Castle itself was alright, but the surrounding area was much more beautiful. I included that shot because I love the contrast of the blue skies and the green grass/trees.
Cliffs of Moher – As part of the program, we had a chance to go to another part of Ireland for a weekend. We decided to go to Galway, which is located on the western coast of Ireland. Galway was a great time and the Cliffs of Moher are a big attraction there. Unfortunately, when I went there was a lot of fog when I first got to the cliffs.
Windmill Lane Studios – This was a cool section of Dublin. Windmill Lane was the old street that U2 used to record their older albums on. The neighborhood is now covered in graffiti and street art. Dublin has a lot of cool street art and I wanted to include this shot because it shows off a great example.
“The Guinness Lake” – I got to see this during a day trip in the Wicklow Mountains. This was a really cool landmark. Can you guess why it’s called “The Guinness Lake”? Hint: the water of the lake is not used in the making of Guinness.
Kilmainham Gaol – This was one of the most unforgettable landmarks in Dublin. Kilmainham Gaol was formerly used as a prison during the British occupation of Ireland until the Irish rebellion. Many Irish rebels were imprisoned and died here. Very moving tour.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

1. My name is Colin McGrail and my major is Broadcasting, Telecommunications and Mass Media with a concentration in digital media.

2. I am a student in my major because I wanted to do my undergraduate studies in a major that allowed me to study digital media from various perspectives. My major allows me to study the topic in regards to theory, business models, production, and concept design.

3. I hope to gain a lot of cool and interesting experience that I can use once I enter into a career in digital media.

Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)