In this week, we kept asking more friends to visit our facbook page.  Unfortunately, most people were too buy to prepare their final papers/projects.  We had 195 fans so far which was many more than what we expected to get.  In order to keep our fans, we continued to find more valuable online coupon codes for popular stores, such as JCPenney, Abercrombie and Fitch and Macys’.

We tried to google the coupons by some key words. Then, there were a listed of websites offering online coupon codes.  In order to make sure these coupon codes work, we visited the online retail stores and applied the coupon codes in the cart.  Then, we only posted the coupons which worked.  The other way to find working coupon codes is to read other people’s commons.  People always left good feedback for the person who provided working coupn codes. Finally, we posted the coupon codes on our facebook page which included the stores’ name, coupon’s policy and condition.

Hope everybody will enjoy the coupon codes and online shopping.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

There are couple steps that we have done to promoting the Facebook “Coupon Box” page. First, we have email all my friends
who have a Facebook account and are on my friend list and ask them give us a favor to like the Coupon Box page and tell their friends to do so. We would explain to them about the advantage they can take and benefit they can earn to “like” Coupon Box page. Second, we would email my schoolmates and other friends such as coworkers information about the Coupon Box page with clear URL, and tell them if the link is not working they can search Coupon Box on Google and click to it. Third, we can use movie maker software and create a short video with Coupon Box’s URL in the end if anyone feels interesting for more coupons.

However, we think the most effective campaign method so far is the Facebook online ad. It exposes our Facebook Page to a wide range of people. In addition, since we specifically target people who would like shopping in the design process of the ad, the number of fan increase significantly after we carry the campaign. However, since it is expensive to run the campaign for a long time, we decided to pause it as we already a reasonable fan base. As a result, we see the growth rate for “Like” decreases.

First of all, we published many posts with lots of popular stores’ coupons on Coupon Box. Then, we created a post in our individual Facebook page that it introduces Coupon Box to our Facebook friends. We also sent email with Coupon Box’s link to our friends who do not use Facebook often.  Next, we leave a message to our friends on MSN or other chatting tools
to introduce Coupon Box.  In addition, we would like to ask some students who are on Facebook in Temple’s computer lab to
search Coupon Box and click “like” button.  Finally, we appreciate those people who like our Facebook page and ask
them to introduce Coupon Box to their friends.

Our Facebook page is called “Coupon Box”. As long as more people like online shopping today, it is very important to find a way to save money for online stores. We decide to collect coupons for many popular stores such as Macys’ and Express and then post them on Coupon Box. Therefore, people who visit our Facebook page can easily find the coupons they need that they will save a lot of time and money.  Every time we find a coupon, we will post the store name, expiring date and coupon code on Coupon Box.  In order to provide more helpful information, we also introduce some websites where visitors can purchase coupons by
themselves since some coupons request small payments.  We will keep updating the new coupons in our Facebook page in order to increase and maintain high number of visitors.

Please visit our Facebook Fan Page @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coupon-Box/200812056618655#!/pages/Coupon-Box/200812056618655

Mei Huang:

In this promoting our Facebook,   I think the social network is very important. More members, more power. My group members find some coupons and post in the facebook, I will recommend the coupons to my friend in E-mail, message, and small talking. Some of my friends dislike it because they think is waste time to do it. They like to buy stuffs what they like in right time.  Some of my friends like it very much, they think it is good way to save money. The economy is going down, tuition is going up and jobs is hard to find. Why we don’t use coupons?

Also, I share my slideshow and pictures in the Facebook too. I use Chinese software to change pictures. My friends like it very much and want to know how to make it. If you are interesting in it , you could go to http://xiuxiu.meitu.com/ and download it, the software is free. However, you need to know some Chinese.

Yong Huang

I tried to ask my friends and classmates to visit our Facebook website by Facebook post and MSN.  In fact, it’s a challenge job since we just get started. Some visits complained there are not many contains/coupons available in the Facebook page. Therefore, we need to work hard to find more coupons for more popular stores. Since many coupons expirie soon, we need to update new coupons as early as we can.  The most challenge thing is to find more people like our page, other than our
friends.  I am still look for a way to get more people and hope to solve the problem soon.

Meng Huang: By doing this group project “Promoting Your Facebook Page”, I have learned many things from it. First, I learned how to use my Facebook account and make it as a page that allows me to design my own page—Coupon Box. Second, I learned that in order to promote the ad page, I have to actively reply to viewer’s comments and questions so they will like the ad page and brings more friends to like the page. Third, I learned that there are many coupons available online that people would like to take advantage of that for their shopping experience. Fourth, I learned that Facebook is an easy and efficient way for companies and corporations to promote their products as long as they put many coupons and discount offers online and it would greatly
improve their sales and make good profit. The more “like” you get on Facebook page, the more influence you have over that specific firm section

Michelle Huynh: The most interesting experience for me in promoting our Facebook Page is testing the viability of our idea. There are a lot of websites about coupon with full information but yet not many Facebook Fan page. So, I want to see if people are actually like feeds about coupon to appear on the home page of their Facebook. So far, I think people like the idea because we got many fan through Facebook Advertising. The number who actually take action by “Like” our page is about a half of the number of click. I’m excited that our idea works out and still looking forward to further promote it.

1. GD Star Rating : to get feedback from visitors in order to make improvement

2. Google Analyticator: to see the traffic for our blog

3. Smooth Slider: to add a smooth content and image slideshow

4. Viper’s Video Quicktags: to embed YouTube and other video into our posts easily

We have six widgets for our blog. They are categories, feeds, blogroll, sitemeter, tags and archives. Overall, we think they are useful tools for organizing our blog. Here are the detail reasons why we chose each of the widget:

• Categories: this is the main tool we will use to separate posts with different topics.
  • Blogroll: this widget link our blog to other websites. These website will help visitors understand more about who we are as it is linked to our personal blog. Also, we can also post some links that are important such as the class’s blog
  • Sitemeter: to measure the level of visit to our blog
  • Tag: tag will help users to find posts about certain topic more easily. It is easier for us to organize my posts this way too.
  • Archive: this is for those who want read posts in a certain time period.
  • Feeds: this helps us as well as readers have an update about the new posts of other people in class.

Hi everyone,

We are the Cherry Red team. We have four members. Below is the quick snapshot about each of us:

Name: Hanh (Michelle) Huynh

Year: Junior

Major: Accounting and Finance

In 5 more years: I want to be an auditor in a Big 4 accounting firm

Hometown: Nha Trang, Vietnam (a beautiful tourism city near the ocean by the way)

Fun fact: I love dogs but can’t have one because my apartment doesn’t allow dog. So I’m trying find the time to get a job as a dog-walker

Hobbies: reading, shopping

Please visit my website for more information

Name: Mei Huang

Major: Accounting and MIS

Hobbies: singing , shipping, dancing

Name: Meng Huang

Year: Junior/3rd year

Major Accounting and Minor MIS

Hometown: Jiangxi, China

Interesting fact: wants to see the next computer revolution.

Hobbies: go online, reading, shopping

Name: Yong Huang

Year: Senior

Major Accounting and Minor MIS

Interesting fact:

Hobbies: computer, reading, tennis, Ping-Pong